You added Marriott MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center to your Saves list
Marriott MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Kingsport
Franklin
“My favorite hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is my fave hotel to stay at when in Tri-Cities. The customer service is impeccable and room service attendants are great. Chad always takes care of my dinner orders as I often work in my room through dinner. Great place to stay with beautiful views!

Room Tip: High floors.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is a full-blown Marriott golf resort, tucked away in the Tennessee countryside. We found it almost by accident. The "drop-in" rates we got were phenomenal, so it was a no-brainer to stay here. While there were a couple wedding parties going on, the property seemed almost empty. We rarely ran into other guests, even in the restaurant. Our kids loved the expansiveness of the lobby, conference center, rooms, and the property as a whole.

(This is a full conference and convention center, so it is rather large, with ample facilities. We found out that it is owned by Eastman, who uses it primarily for their conferences and employee or corporate guest lodging.)

Everything about this property was solidly up to the Marriott standard, except the service. While the front desk was friendly and polite (as expected of a Marriott), they didn't recognize my Rewards status, or ask to help with bags, parking, and amenities (all expected of a Marriott). In fact, I'd go so far as to say the bell captain seemed reluctant to interact with me. Twice, he gave me a cart, instead of offering to help with the bags. Much worse was the restaurant service at the The Meadows. Priced like a 4-star restaurant, the service would have been bad at Denny's.The hostesses handed us menus and pointed at our table. At dinner, our server, didn't know the specials, the drink menu, or really anything about what they were serving. He didn't clear any dishes, and completely disappeared half way through dinner. Getting our check was such an issue, I almost had to go the the hotel front desk to resolve. We had the same cold shoulder from the host n the morning, though our server was much better.

I think that we'd stay here again, probably will. But we'd either use the lobby bar for food, or venture out into the local area.

Room Tip: There probably isn't a bad room in the place, as all rooms look out onto the golf courses. The p...
Green Features: Was not aware that they were trying to be environmentally friendly....
VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Thank you for a wonderful stay at Marriott MeadowView. We enjoyed everything from check in to check out. The service, food, bedding, pool and hot tub were excellent. Thanks for an enjoyable stay and the friendliness of all staff.

Room Tip: wi-fi is free in lobby and in public areas, but does cost I thing $12/day for in room wi-fi.
Allegany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

If you love golf and/or a relaxing place to stay - this property fits the bill. Front desk staff was very nice and prompt to solve any issues. Check on the breakfast with the check-in. It is not included and can understand how that might confuse some that are used to complimentary breakfast at most Marriott hotels. Exercise room was a bit better than most locations. It is right on the golf course and easily accessible from the highway.

Room Tip: No issues with our 5th floor room and I couldn't determine anything obvious that would give some...
Johnson City, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

For our wedding, we choose this hotel for our guests. We got a special deal for $99 for room without breakfast and $109 for room with breakfast for 2 adults.
Almost all our guests who booked the $109 were charged for breakfast on daily bases. They have to correct this on daily bases.
Even when we made a reservation through priceline for an extra night without breakfast for 1 person, they automatically charged 2 adults breakfast to the room although no one even visited the restaurant that morning. Again, we had to correct this before leaving.
The hotel is excellent regarding, location, building, facilities but it need better management and stop the automatic charging for a breakfast to all guests, I wonder if this is a daily mistake or a scam.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 6th floor supposed to have better TVs
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hanover, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

This is my 2nd stay here and it was OK. Few little minor things but main concern was the a/c,2 different rooms and it wasnt very cold,almost acts if its restricted??? Maintence man was on the way for 1 hr,not sure where he was coming from but I gave up. Front desk staff was ok. Bar staff and restuarant staff were great and very friendly. Food is great too! Not a bad stay but could have been better for a Marriot. In the end management was sincere and happy to help out! Made it somewhat better!!

Room Tip: Get a balcony room
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Mark E, Manager at Marriott MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear sir,

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay here.We learn from constructive feedback
to help our staff be more effective. We would like to research on our end the room where
the issue was with the A/C. We would really appreciate it !
Regards,
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I booked my hotel stay at this hotel in advance. When I made my reservations I asked the lady if I was getting the Government Rate for the entire stay, to which she said yes. Upon on Checking In to the hotel on July 4, 2014, I was told that 3 of my nights would, in fact, be at the Corporate rate, which is about double. The lady at the desk checking me in was very smug about it, basically I had no choice. I came back to the desk and asked her again about it, roughly a half hour later, and she stated there was no one to call before Monday and nothing she could do, again very smug. I recommend you find somewhere else in this area to stay. Based on my experience, there is no guarantee you will get the rate you are quoted.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

I apologize for the misunderstanding regarding the government rate.
I realize you are still here at the Hotel and I will adjust your rate to the Government rate for your stay. We don't always have the government rate available and have asked reservations to forward your confirmation information to verify. I do hope you enjoy your stay and please stop by and ask for me at the desk.
Regards,

Been to Marriott MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!