“Very nice property.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center

You added Marriott MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center to your Saves list
Marriott MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Kingsport
Allegany
“Very nice property.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

If you love golf and/or a relaxing place to stay - this property fits the bill. Front desk staff was very nice and prompt to solve any issues. Check on the breakfast with the check-in. It is not included and can understand how that might confuse some that are used to complimentary breakfast at most Marriott hotels. Exercise room was a bit better than most locations. It is right on the golf course and easily accessible from the highway.

Room Tip: No issues with our 5th floor room and I couldn't determine anything obvious that would give some...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Johnson City, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

For our wedding, we choose this hotel for our guests. We got a special deal for $99 for room without breakfast and $109 for room with breakfast for 2 adults.
Almost all our guests who booked the $109 were charged for breakfast on daily bases. They have to correct this on daily bases.
Even when we made a reservation through priceline for an extra night without breakfast for 1 person, they automatically charged 2 adults breakfast to the room although no one even visited the restaurant that morning. Again, we had to correct this before leaving.
The hotel is excellent regarding, location, building, facilities but it need better management and stop the automatic charging for a breakfast to all guests, I wonder if this is a daily mistake or a scam.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 6th floor supposed to have better TVs
Hanover, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

This is my 2nd stay here and it was OK. Few little minor things but main concern was the a/c,2 different rooms and it wasnt very cold,almost acts if its restricted??? Maintence man was on the way for 1 hr,not sure where he was coming from but I gave up. Front desk staff was ok. Bar staff and restuarant staff were great and very friendly. Food is great too! Not a bad stay but could have been better for a Marriot. In the end management was sincere and happy to help out! Made it somewhat better!!

Room Tip: Get a balcony room
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Mark E, Manager at Marriott MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear sir,

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay here.We learn from constructive feedback
to help our staff be more effective. We would like to research on our end the room where
the issue was with the A/C. We would really appreciate it !
Regards,
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I booked my hotel stay at this hotel in advance. When I made my reservations I asked the lady if I was getting the Government Rate for the entire stay, to which she said yes. Upon on Checking In to the hotel on July 4, 2014, I was told that 3 of my nights would, in fact, be at the Corporate rate, which is about double. The lady at the desk checking me in was very smug about it, basically I had no choice. I came back to the desk and asked her again about it, roughly a half hour later, and she stated there was no one to call before Monday and nothing she could do, again very smug. I recommend you find somewhere else in this area to stay. Based on my experience, there is no guarantee you will get the rate you are quoted.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

I apologize for the misunderstanding regarding the government rate.
I realize you are still here at the Hotel and I will adjust your rate to the Government rate for your stay. We don't always have the government rate available and have asked reservations to forward your confirmation information to verify. I do hope you enjoy your stay and please stop by and ask for me at the desk.
Regards,
Wilmore, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This hotel is a big resort hotel located in the mountains of Tennessee. The hotel was clean, and the people working behind the front desk at check in were very friendly. Another good thing about the hotel would be the excellent view of the mountains from the room. My only complaint, though, would be that the hotel had very thin walls, I could here people talking down the hall. I will definently stay here again if I come back to the Kingsport area.

Clinchco, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We were very surpised by all kindness of everyone working there...We were there for a wedding ..Everything was great ...We stayed the night and was so very happy we did ..Our room was clean and smelled good...Beds were so nice ...We loved the balcony ,we enjoyed our morning coffee out there & the awesome views ...We will be back ....

Room Tip: We had to do a lot of walking ,and that was fine by us..But if you dont want to walk a lot ask for a...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Just returned ; loved this location... Customer service A plus. . When I called I ask for a balcony room and was told they would put in we wanted a balcony room but ! could not promise one.. Well we get there about 3 and I just wanted to let them know we was there and if possible ; I would love a balcony room and I said I know check in is not till 4 ; Young lady said I was in luck a king size room with balcony had just come open. I was so glad for Balcony and did not have to wait till 4.. I ask for a luggage cart so my husband could unload car ; They said oh honey we can do that for you ; I have never stayed at a place like this ; which I consider this a Resort. So Bell Hop came out to car and unloaded our luggage and we took to room. The room was cozy ; very clean and I loved the balcony view Amazing mountain view.. The only down side to place was room was very warm and it was hot outside ; so we turned air down and room never got cool after dark cooler on balcony.BUT ! What a wowonderful weekend ; we was there for a family reunion. . Everyone working there is very nice.. The outside had tables and Rocking chairs to enjoy beautiful views.. Restaurant and bar right there ; with very friendly service. . I will go back here for a vacation sometimes ; everything you need right there at Resort. Beautiful at night all lit up outside. . Thanks for the great weekend Marriott Meadow View Resort.. Amanda Kegley

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Marriott MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!