“Best Hamburger !!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Marriott MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center to your Saves list
Marriott MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1901 Meadowview Parkway, Kingsport, TN 37660   |
Ranked #3 of 18 hotels in Kingsport
“Best Hamburger !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I live in Kingsport but if I needed a hotel room this is where I'd stay. But, I have went to many events at the conference center and The Restaurant is great. The Marriott Burger is one of The Best!! Love the quietness of the restaurant ...

197 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Garner, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this location at the very end of December and it reminded me of the movie “the Shining”. We had our choice of rooms and asked for a two connecting rooms which only were offered in a King, connecting to a two double bed room. The double rooms are larger (or at least were in our configuration). The room and furnishings were upscale and very comfortable. Lack of free Wi-Fi is a real issue with a family that is tethered to various devices. I understand Wi-Fi is a revenue generator for a business traveler that requires it and can expense it, but there is no excuse for not having it no charge when the most basic hotels/motels now offer it. Also I’m sure the dining facilities are amazing, but only the bar was open during our stay for dinner due to “low occupancy”, disappointing since we really didn’t want to go into town a few exits away on the Interstate to find somewhere to eat on a snowy, cold night (there is nowhere to eat at this particular exit off I-26). As for breakfast, the buffet was $15 per person and I am sure it was as great as other reviewers have mentioned, but given the “low occupancy” mode this facility was in I’m not sure about how much food would have be prepared and how fresh it would have been, so we skipped it. Again unsure if it would have been served in the bar or they would have opened the restaurant. Also would have liked to hang on the patio, with the propane heat lamps – but they seemed to be stored for the winter (almost seemed like the hotel should have been closed for the season, or had a better way of downsizing services and amenities to fit the amount of people there). We ventured off to the indoor pool which was very nice and appealing considering the season. The hot tub was very awkward to get in and out of, with a foot wide edge. We also had a tribe of elementary school age boys that thought the hot tub was small hot, bubbly version of a pool – so much for parental supervision. I could not help but think at full capacity the pool facilities would have been overwhelmed though. My son used the fitness room which was very well equipped with numerous treadmills, free weights and other equipment on par with a health club. If I had to stay in the area again I probably would stay here, however I’m sure that in season rates at this facility would be out of my price range unless I had the benefit of having my employer pay.

Gainesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Traveling by car we chose this hotel because it had a restaurant and we can always rely on Marriott. It was even better than we expected with well-furnished rooms, great service and an excellent restaurant.

Dearborn, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Beautiful views matched by friendly service. Becky at the front desk was very friendly, and when I wanted to go outside on a chilly day, she had someone come outside and light the fire pit for me. There is no concierge lounge, but they allow $12 for the restaurant breakfast continental buffet--only tip gets charged to room. Fitness center is decent, and parking is free but you have to walk a bit if you don't use valet--only an issue when frost or snow is around. Dinner menu in restaurant is a bit pricey for what you get.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I stayed 3 nights while on a business trip. It was my first stay there and would definitely return. The staff was extremely friendly. The hotel shuttle was outside baggage pick at the airport when I landed just as they said they would. My room was very clean and quiet. There is a golf course that is part of the resort. The grounds were very well kept. The food was also good. The city Convention Center is adjacent to the hotel which is convenient.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I recently attended a Realtor Conference at this Kingsport Marriot. All the staff including the owners and managers were there to greet us morning, noon, and night. If you had a request they followed up on it immediately! They were helpful, the food was good, the rooms were clean. Just a first class place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Germantown, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a large and extremely well run property. No concierge lounge, but a very nice bar area on the first floor. The exercise room and pool are very nice. The nearby golf course would be a plus (if you are a golfer). I was there on business, but ran into several people who were staying the weekend (a motorcycle group was heading in as I was heading out). The main restaurant was under reconstruction when I was ther previously, but that has been completed. You can get everything from a classic Marriott Burger to a well prepared filet mignon.

Room Tip: I like the top floor.