“Great place for a getaway!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center

You added Marriott MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center to your Saves list
Marriott MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1901 Meadowview Parkway, Kingsport, TN 37660   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Wine Weekend Getaway
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Kingsport
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great place for a getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

We loved our stay here! The rooms are very nice and very quiet. The staff was always helpful and friendly. There is A beautiful lounge to watch TV and have a drink. We had lunch there and rhe food was great. We will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Mays Landing, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed at the Marriott MeadowView for a family event and have no regrets. It is easy to get to, contemporary, clean, quiet and welcoming. The Friday night seafood buffet is excellent and not to be missed. I did not golf but used the pool and sun deck. It is regretful that there is no outdoor pool.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Just returned from a great one night stay at the MeadowView. I had not stayed here in several years (2009). At that time it was still nice but was really starting to show its age so I almost booked elsewhere for this trip - I'm glad I gave it another shot.

PROS:
-The entire place has been recently updated/remodeled. Everything in the rooms is clean and new (bathrooms, carpet, bedding, furniture)
-Room was very clean
-Hotel was very quiet. I could not hear my neighbors at all which is very good.
-Everyone on staff was extremely kind and helpful. The front desk was extremely busy when I arrived but another staff member quickly appeared and apologized for my wait (which was no more than 2-3 minutes)

CONS:
-The only con I can think of is that the hotel part of the facility is a narrow maze of hallways with no signs to point you back in the direction of the convention center or main lobby. If you get lost good luck because everything looks the same!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

This is the second time that I have stayed at this wonderful resort on business. I neglected to review my first trip, but my last stay reminded me to let you all know about this resort. I was greeted by one of the most friendly and helpful front desk attendants, and, given the fact that I had to check in late (dang airlines and thunderstorms), her attitude put a smile on my face. Like Gigi F, I had a room with a balcony view of the golf course surrounding the resort and the morning views of the course and the hard-working folks attending to the greens and tee boxes made the morning coffee even better. I had dinner at the Courtyard lounge, with nice views of the mountains and a friendly staff. I am a sucker for wedge salads and french onion soup, and the lounge did not disappoint. My stay included breakfast at the restaurant in the hotel (sorry forgot the name), but the free breakfast only included the continental part of the breakfast bar. However, for a few dollars more, the complete breakfast bar was exceptional. The young chef that cooked my eggs was very friendly and, again, helped the coffee in the morning. I would recommend this resort to anyone traveling in the area. Although I was not there for a conference, I walked around the area and would also recommend this resort for any of you who have to schedule and book a conference. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: A room with a balcony overlooking the course is worth it.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Naples, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Meadowview Marriott is a phenomenal hotel. The rooms are large and beautifully furnished. Our beds were comfortable, we had a mini-refrigerator, flat-screen TV, and plenty of storage space. We stayed in room 414 with a balcony which overlooked the golf course. Although we didn't eat in the restaurant, we enjoyed drinks and food at the hotel bar. Wine is reasonably priced at $7 per glass and appetizers less than $10. I wasn't happy with the in-room Internet fee of $12.95, but it was complimentary in the lobby. I'll most definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Room 414 overlooked the golf course and had a view of the mountains.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Very clean and nice rooms. Pool was clean and very enjoyable. Loved everything about this hotel and was shocked at how nice it was especially for the price. Seafood Buffet was good too at the restaurant in the hotel. Not your typical fried buffet. They had lots of choices and some baked fish as well. If I were in this area again this would definitely be my pick of places to stay.

• Stayed July 2012
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Our 10U baseball team was in the area for the World Series. We had 11 families checked into the Marriott along with several other teams. The hotel was sold out. The General Manager was on vacation. The asst. Manager was only there during the day. The night manager was a restaurant manager, Bea Hayden, who was obviously in over her head. Ms Hayden was rude, dismissive to customer needs, and overreacted by calling the police to the hotel for what she thought was a rule violation but in fact her own staff had given permission. Ms Hayden made the stay miserable for the rest of the trip and ruined the World Series for one of our families. Ms Hayden should be removed from any position in which she comes in contact with customers. Shame on Marriott for allowing such poor staffing with a full house.

Room Tip: Don't stay at the Mariott MeadowView
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Marriott MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!