“Great seafood with a peaceful view!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 202 restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Northeast Tennessee's only Fresh Seafood Restaurant. Locacted on the South Fork of the Holston River overlooking Bays Mountain
Willow Park, Texas
“Great seafood with a peaceful view!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I took an employee to lunch at Riverfront Seafood and with her living in the Kingsport, TN area for years she had yet to dine there. She had the fried White Fish with a side salad and fries and I had a Crab Cake Sandwich with fries and a cup of gumbo. The gumbo just okay at best but the rest of the food was outstanding. If you go make sure to request a table close to the windows located in the back of the restaurant to have a view of the river and the wildlife that goes along with it. If I have the opportunity to return to the Kingsport area I will make it a point to eat at Riverfront Seafood. The employee that joined me said that she will have to bring her husband to eat there.

• Visited September 2013

71% Recommend
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Atmosphere and Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

A few people that we know have reported unfavorable experiences at the Riverfront, but so far, and after many visits, I have to say that our experiences are always good. We love the variety of food and the service is always great. We especially enjoy dining on the patio during warm weather. The river is always active with wildlife and simply peaceful to sit and look at while enjoying a meal. Unless something about the Riverfront drastically changes for the worse, we will contintue to dine there.
As some others have stated, it is best to call ahead especially on weekends, but we have taken a chance and not called in the past and were promptly seated.
Another note to add: my husband has celiac disease and they do have recommendations of which meals are gluten free. This is a major plus.
All in all, considering the quality of the food and service; also the location and reasonable prices on their meals, we highly recommend.

10/22/11
“Riverfront Seafood Company”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

The snow crab legs are great, the crab cake sandwich is a little gamey, think they needed a little more ole bay in mix. The atmosphere is nice, it sits right on the river. On weekend's it's best to call ahead.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Northwest Vermont
“Very comfortable dinning experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch on a Saturday afternoon. We were seated promptly at a nice table on the patio. This was a nice enclosed area overlooking the river. They also have inside and outside seating. Our waitress, Trish, was very friendly, courteous and attentive. She explained the menu and specials. She also took time to chat with us. The food was very good and fresh tasting. I had the mixed grill and my wife had the scallops wrapped in bacon. For dessert we had the homemade carrot cake, it too was delicious. If we ever get back to this area we will return. I would recommend this restaurant to anybody. The prices are closer to the $20 range.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Blountville, TN
“Best Chowder in the Southeast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We've been eating at Riverfront for years and I would highly recommend it. The food is great and the portions are large enough that you often end up taking some home with you. As you can tell from my not so subtle review title, I love their clam chowder. My lovely wife and I have eaten chowder all over the Southeastern US (at a few places who were supposedly galactic champions or something like that), and Riverfront's offering beats it hands down, no comparison whatsoever and if anyone knows the recipe please please please send it to me. Actually, the last few times I've visited I get the bowl of chowder as my entree. It's not a huge bowl, but it is filling. As others have mentioned, it is a nice place sitting right on the river so you get a great view of the water from most of the tables inside. During the Summer and early Fall, you can also sit outside on a deck that overlooks the river. If you have a large party or you plan on going at peak dinner hours (Friday / Saturday evenings), then you should certainly consider making reservations, or you can fight with the fish nazis (as they are sometimes called locally) to see if you can get a seat. Some on here have complained about not being able to sit until your entire party has arrived. Most busy places are like that because they need to turn the tables in order to keep the masses from rioting. Plus, you can still get a drink at the bar which has plenty of seating and a decent beverage lineup.

• 5 of 5 stars Food