“We'll Be Back!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 212 Restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Northeast Tennessee's only Fresh Seafood Restaurant. Locacted on the South Fork of the Holston River overlooking Bays Mountain
Elizabethton, Tennessee
“We'll Be Back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

What a great place! A friend had given me a gift card for Riverfront, so today was a beautiful spring day and my husband & I decided to take a drive and go check the place out. We went for a late lunch and were immediately seated. One can dine inside, out on the covered porch, or on the uncovered deck, all of which overlook the Holston River. We were seated on the covered porch which had a nice breeze and a beautiful view of the river. We had calamari as an appetizer and it was plenteous and tasty. I selected salmon off the lunch menu and chose the teriyaki glaze. It was some of the best salmon I've ever eaten! My husband chose the captain's platter off the dinner menu which was SO MUCH seafood! He had to have a to-go box as he couldn't eat it all. The dinners come with these cute little cakes of cornbread shaped like a fish. Our waitress, Crystal, was GREAT! When she found out it was our first visit, she made some menu suggestions, kept our drinks filled, gave us directions, and accommodated my husband's taste for more horseradish in his cocktail sauce. When we go for a late lunch, we rarely eat the rest of the day, so I splurged and had a piece of their homemade blackberry cake and a cup of coffee. OMG!!! It was so scrumptious! The waitress told us all their desserts are made from scratch. We definitely will make the 45 min. drive and go again! Delicious food, great atmosphere, and superb service! Hard to find all three of those at a place that offers reasonable prices as well. Kudos to Riverfront!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Johnson City, Tennessee
“Not As Good As It Use To Be!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place is slowly going down hill in the quality of food they serve. The last time we ate here I got a bad cut of mahi-mahi. They make no substitutions what so ever either on their sides and overall they are skimpy for the price. If you want good seafood in the area, the better choice is The Battery in Johnson City.

Visited February 2013
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Internet access available”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

The food and service are always excellent here. They have best tasting tartar sauce of any place I've ever eaten. Learned last night that they also have free wireless Internet access. They don't advertise this on their web site or menus.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cookeville, TN
“Very Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We had the Sea Bass. It was great and cooked perfectly. Waitress was very attentive and competent. She was knowledgable about the menu.

Visited March 2013
“Great spot on the river with a wonderful view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We are frequent visitors to this popular Kingsport restaurant. I must say that the last few times the food quality has not been as good and there is more turnover of staff so service is not as good. It is still the best place for seafood in the Tri-Cities and I am sure that Wayne will turn it around. He know seafood.

• Visited January 2013