“Somewhat of a cheap attempt at home cooking” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Dessert, Hamburgers, Ice Cream
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner
asheville
“Somewhat of a cheap attempt at home cooking”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I probably won't ever go back although it was quaint the food was subpar I had biscuits and gravy and was offended by the fact that the gravy was powder I sat and watched the cook mix it the one thing I stand by is if you cant make southern food right then don't even try

Malvern, PA
“Delicious diner food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I ate there on 5/25/14 and we both had wonderful meals. The portions were large and the staff was very friendly and attentive. The chicken tenders were very large and the country fried steak was wonderful. And the fries.... hand cut with skins on, not frozen. The best part was the tab was less than $20. I will definitely recommend them to friends and we look forward to eating there again.

Visited May 2014
Knoxville, TN
“Fun History”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Having spent some career time around courthouses, I really got a kick out of walking into this great diner. I had flashbacks of coming from courtroom dramas starved and sitting down to a comfort food lunch of burger fries and coke.

Visited May 2014
Tennessee
“Magnificent hole in the wall!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

The Olde Courthouse diner is in a building that has housed many a restaurant before it. They all failed. I do NOT think that they will suffer the same fate. Why?
Their food is amazing. The menu isn't huge, they don't try to be all things to all people. But, what they do, they do well! Their burgers are absolutely amazing. The buns are soft and fresh and the meat is never frozen, you can tell! Their juicy and tender and delicious. The fries are amazing as well. Crisp on the outside, fluffy in the middle.
They also do a food bar at times, with soups, salad, a few meats and sides. They shake it up each time, so you never know what you're going to get. But, trust me on one thing... get the soup. Seriously, it's a work of art. No matter what kind, they always nail it on the head. It is the star of the show.
And, to end off your meal, get the bread pudding. They have great cookies and cobblers and buckles and pies. Who cares?? GET THE BREAD PUDDING! It's the best I have ever had. They'll serve it hot or cold, with or without ice cream. I'll take it any way I can get it. It's the perfect end to an amazing meal in a very unassuming building staffed by super-friendly folks.
There are no TVs, there's not loud music, there's no distractions between you, your dining companions and the fresh, hot, made-to-order food in front of you.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jonesborough, Tennessee
“Husband and Mother N Law ate their on a Sunday after church.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I specificly ask my husband for a review for Trip Advisor. I was sick and unable to go. They said it was slow during Sundays, the food was good. Would go back. We have eaten there before when it was a barbeque place. Wish them well and hope their business picks up this Spring.

Visited January 2014