“Fresh is the key!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Fresh is the key!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Had the eggplant parm and hubbie had the chicken parm - both were great!! And anything with their vodka sauce is amazing! Fresh sauces and in-house prep are evident in the taste. The atmosphere is tasteful with a lovely decor including the gorgeous unique art. Share one of the starters such as spinach artichoke bake - best ever. And save room for one of their decadent desserts like the in-house made chocolate mousse - it's the real deal! Great place for friends or family to enjoy a nice glass of wine, great meal and good converation; you can actually hear one another in this restaurant. Recently used them for catering, and they exceeded my expectations! They are top notch and delightful to work with!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Pretty good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Only ate there once, but will go back to try the pizza. Anyplace that has Arugula as a topping has my attention. Seafood Sampi was so-so, but the Tortellini with home made sausage was very tasty even if made with tortellini that tasted like what you could buy at Kroger. Bread was not very good. But the sausage was good, and I love sausage-arugula pizza, which I am anxious to try.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Johnson City, Tennessee
“No consistency”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Have been 3 times. First, ordered calamai which was perfect and then had the fettucini alfredo, which tasted of raw flour. Second time, a friend and I went, and both my calamari and my Kobe beef were burnt. Thrid time, went with four other people. We all ordered pizza and of the five, my was so burnt on the bottom that it was inedible. They brought me a new one and it wasn't cooked well enough. Where is the manager or owner? What chef would let burnt food leave his kitchen?

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Tennessee
“2nd time was much better!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

When they first opened, we got a "to go" order and were not impressed. So, I've avoided going back. My mistake!
3 of us went for a family dinner. We each got different entrees, and they were all very good! Salads were fresh and the dressings were really impressive. House-made, I think the server said.
Husband got the tortellini, which had just the right amount of garlic. He couldn't finish it all, it was huge! I got the lasagna, which had just enough sauce, instead of being drowned like so many other places. Mom actually got 2 appetizers, the calamari and the crabcake. Both were excellent and cooked just right. The bread before the meal is not what I expected, but was good. It's sort of a small, dense round bread that is slightly sweet. We liked it, it was just not what we expected.
The service was great and the serving time was rather quick. Restaurant is neat and clean. The only thing I would change is some background music. It was a little too quiet.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
erwin, tenn
“never again.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

this restaurant defiantly did not impress me. the only reason that we ate there was a fam member wanted to have a get together. the atmosphere was kind of drab,put it this way i could have gotten better service as my dr office if they would have been busy i would have given allowances , the food was the worst. i had the Cesar salad which i had ordered w/out anchovies and of course what did it come with you guessed it;it also had no dressing what so ever. my mom and i also split a pizza it had to be the worst tasting i have ever had. reminded me of old shoe leather. they should have stuck w/ amagio's which was nxt door or even better yet the crazy tomato. my fam and i will not be going back.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere