“Neat Store and Eatery” 4 of 5 stars

423-913-8003
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 35 Restaurants in Jonesborough
Cuisines: American
Description: Located directly across the street from the Washington County, Tennessee, Courthouse you will find the Jonesborough General Store and Eatery. Established in 2012, we occupy a building erected in 1871. The Store features many products made by local artisans and craftsmen.The Eatery has sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs, and homemade style soup made on premises. Enjoy our 50's style soda fountain where we can make your favorite milkshake or ice cream as long as it's chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry. We also have an old cooler filled with frosty, cold bottled sodas.
Jonesborough, Tennessee, United States
“Neat Store and Eatery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

I loved the friendly attitude from the folks in this quaint little store and eatery. My daughter and I sat at the bar on the stools, which she thoroughly enjoyed. We both enjoyed a grilled cheese sandwich and chips and the service was very quick. It's probably not the most healthy place to eat in downtown Jonesborough, but it was tasty.
We also enjoyed looking at some of the old relics and trinkets that reminded me of my childhood. They also offer some products from some locals.
Great staff, friendly atmosphere.

Visited May 2014

Candler, North Carolina
“A fun and surprising find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Great ice cream and shakes, burgers smelled great but only had ice cream this time. Great décor and service.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
asheville
“Best burgers in town ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I was out for lunch and this place came up in conversation so I went well all I can say is any where else that claims best burgers has never had one from here it was delightful juicy not dry like pretty much every where else in town if I'm ever out for a burger again I'll go for the best

London, Canada
“Great Shakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Going for lunch in the general store is like stepping back in time. The decor is cute and feels authentic. The menu is limited but the food is very good, and the staff is very friendly. Also be sure and order a milkshake - you can choose any flavour of ice cream (about 12 choices) - I went for the blueberry cheesecake ice cream.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hampton, Virginia
“Bologna with History”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I love a good fried bologna sandwich, but they are hard to come by in my part of the world. Sometimes you have to step back in time to get that sandwich and coming to the Jonesborough General Store was that step back. Loved my sandwich with coleslaw. I treated myself to an Egg Cream, my first, which I found out was a popular drink in the Northeast. It was made well, although I didn't find it the best for my palatte. And the day before I had some of the ice cream, and you can't beat an ice cream cone and walking the historic area of Jonesborough.

Also, if you are a history buff, you'll love this store. On their menu they have the history of the store, and it said the old bank safe, from 1800's was still in the store. I asked my great waitress, Megan, about the first safe. She showed it to me, shared with me stories about the safe, and then.......showed documents that had been found in the safe, including cancelled checks from 1894....Wow! You will love the food, enjoy exploring in the store and find history to boot. Enjoy!

• Visited May 2014