“Great Staff, Older Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 20 hotels in Johnson City
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Great Staff, Older Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We went to Johnson City for our anniversary and in hopes of seeing some pretty leaves. Well that part was disappointing but no fault of the hotel. When I was looking for hotels, we choose this one because they had the Comedy Zone on Friday and Saturday night. Well after we went to dinner and got to the bar they said they were not going to have it that evening because of the Halloween parties at other hotels. Well it was a bit disappointing since there was not much else in the area to do. When I said something upon checking out they did offer us a coupon to come back. Well it is not like we go there on a regular basis.

The hotel does need to be updated it is starting to look old

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I appreciate your good review of the hotel staff. I am sorry the comedy zone was not open. I have sent you a private message for a return trip. I am also glad to tell you we are just before starting a renovation on our guest rooms that you are sure to like. Thank you again, and hope to see you soon.

115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I rented 13 rooms because we are traveling with a youth baseball team. While the front desk tried to be accommodating, the hotel conditions were disappointing. Especially air conditioning didn't work in numerous rooms that we rented which resulted in everyone scrambling around to be in rooms where they did work, including myself. When I was switched to another room, I was moved to a room that had not been subjected to any house keeping.. I expect better from Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Drapes do not keep light out,, get a room on opposite side,,,
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for your review and giving us the opportunity to learn from your feedback. I am very sorry you experienced problems with air conditioning during your stay. I am so please to be able to tell you that at this time we are installing many new guest room air conditioning units. Also your problem with housekeeping has been addressed between the Housekeeping manager and myself. I certainly hope you will allow us to be of service to you in the future. Please contact the hotel directly and request to speak to the General Manager so you and I can prepare a better stay. Again, I thank you for your time to post your comments.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have never reviewed a hotel before but I am highly disapointed in this hotel. It has certainly went downhill and is in serious need of updating. Upon us arriving at the hotel there were two subjects sitting at the front enterance with two 24 packs of beer, which is not the best first impression to arrive to. Upon entering our room there was a very soured smell coming from the bathroom, which upon further investigation we were able to determine that it was the shower curtain. Upon further inspection of the bathroom the ceiling had began to fall in from water damage and mold around the shower. In addition the house keeping crew could use some tips on cleaning the bathroom as there was tobacco spit down the front of the bathroom counter and has been there for quite some time. The final complaint is that our door would not shut completely and lock. My husband had to pull the door shut with all his might every time we left for the door to catch in the door frame. While sleeping at night we had to deadbolt all of the locks on the doors. Luckily for us we were able to get the room for $50.00 a night on priceline.com rather than paying the full $154.00. If i would have had to pay full price for this room i would have demanded a refund for sure!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
I apologize that your stay with us was not totally satisfactory. I did have a couple of ceilings I had to replace recently due to a leak from a room on our top floor. That is no longer an issue. Sometimes our guest sit in the variouis sitting areas around the hotel such as our front sidewalks and around the pool. In the event we notice them with alcoholic beverages we will request they do not have those beveages in the open areas. I hope you will contact me the next time you are in the Johnson City area and I will make your reservations. I would like to show you we are a very nice hotel. Thank you for your comments.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We enjoyed our stay in the Holiday Inn . It was very clean and the room was large and the beds were comfortable and great .Yje room was super clean and looked brand new. Was maintained excellent and carpet was new in the room.We would definitely stay in this hotel again as it is one of the nicest Holiday Inns we have stayed at.Location is easy and very handy.for attractions in Johnson City.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
We very much appreciate your 4 Star rating of the Holiday Inn Johnson City, TN. We also appreciate your kind words about how great housekeeping was during your stay. Please come back to stay with us again, soon.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel for the past nine years while attending the National Storytelling Festival in nearby Jonesborough. This year we noticed that the property is not being very well maintained. The shower in our bathroom leaked, which was annoying but not too troublesome. The bed linens, however, were old and worn, to the point of being rough. Most hotels would have discarded them way before they got this bad. Both concerns were brought to the attention of management but nothing was done. The mattress and mattress pad were lumpy and uncomfortable. We will not stay here next year.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry you had problems with you shower head and the bedding. I have sent maintenance and housekeeping to your room to make any needed corrections. Since I can not contact you I hope you will contact me direct. I would like to discuss your next stay with us and what I may be able to do in hopes of repairing our relationship. We are a very good hotel and when any guest is not satisfied I would like to talk directly with them and discuss posibilities for in the future. Thank you again for your comments.
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Unbelievable for what is supposed to be considered a high class hotel in Johnson City. After staying with family for 3 days, we realized we could have done better. The check in took forever, while waiting we had to experience the disgust of the public rest areas. Finally upon check in of our room, we we just amazed about the lack of cleanliness. Basically, travelers who come across this property can expect: gas station style was the ww restroom facilities, run down $30 / night rooms, (which they charge over $100 / night) and poor customer service. Although they must keep the lobby, bar, & restaurant looking fairly well. People often witness the greater presence of the facility until they explore the walls beyond check-in & seemingly notice the disgust that lays amongst. My family & I enjoyed our vacation, but Holiday Inn was the worst & grossest part.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
I am very sorry that your stay with us did not good well. The staff and I make every effort to make sure all our guest experiences meet with their expections. Most of our guest stays are pleasant. If you will contact me I will offer you a complimentary stay if you will try us once again. I will also try to contact you using your email. Thank you for your comments.
Roanoke, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 days as part of a trip to TN for work. This was an ok property. I kind of expect more from a Holiday Inn. The room looked like it had not been dusted in a couple of months. The walls had dust on them from the air conditioner. The windows were fogged and clearly need to be replaced. The lobby is gorgeous. The pool a nice site but then you have the rooms.

• Stayed September 2013
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
I have gone to the room you were in and everything is in good shape. Perhaps you will stay with us again. Call me and I take care of your reservation request. The staff and I work very hard to please all our guest and to provide the best in hospitality. Thank you for your comments. Hope to see you soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Johnson City? Share your experiences!