“ZMOET (zooming the mountains of east tennesse)” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Johnson City
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“ZMOET (zooming the mountains of east tennesse)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

1st class all the way around. Room was excellent, staff, facilities.
Tri-cities miata club with the Holiday Inn had everyone a red carpet welcome!
5 stars out of 5
The rooms were clean, the lobby spacious and the grounds devoted to our group .. dedicate areas to wash cars and our own parking lot to line up the Miatas before heading out to each event!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
5 Star rating you gave us is certainly appreciated. Thank you for your great comments about the hotel, housekeeping, and everything about the hotel. We want you to know we "love" the Miatas. We looking forward to seeing you again. Thank you so much for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Bowling Green, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

King Room on the Executive Floor
First the Pros: Pet Friendley, Good Location, Good Air Conditioner, Nice Towels, Clean Bathroom.
Now the Cons: Room was Dark and Smelly,(Even with all Lamps on) Halls reeked of Cigarettes. Very Thin Sheets, Small Pillows,
Dirty Carpet, Worn out Mattress( husbands back is still hurting from it)
Not enough accessible electric outlets. Overpriced!!
Will not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Ken P, Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
I apologize our facilities did not met your satisfaction. We try very hard for all our guests to leave with a good experience. I do appreicate your comments. I am pleased to announce that in September, when we slow down, we are planning some upgrades. Most hotels do upgrades each year during the slower part of the year. Most of our guests are pleased with their stay. We will go over your comments during our managers meeting. It is guest such as yourself that help us work even harder to improve. Thank you for your kind comments about the staff.
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was here with the Tri-Cities Miata Club and was pleasantly surprised at how the hotel staff devoted themselves and the grounds to our group. The front desk staff was friendly and professional (and very supportive of our group, wearing the official 'Zoomin' the Tennessee Mountains' t-shirts).

The hotel has been upgraded with modern decor, although I wish they had up'd the counter height in the restrooms as well. At almost 6 feet tall, the 32 inch counter height is just too low and the shower head was level with my shoulders. But other than the gymnastics required to wash my hair, the room was very nice and the beds extremely comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Ken P, Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for your great comments on your recent stay with us. We also enjoyed having the Miata Car Club at the hotel. Hopefully we will see you and all the Miata's again next year.
Pikeville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

The Holiday Inn Johnson City, a former Sheraton, is a perfectly serviceable and solid option in JC. The desk staff was very hospitable and accommodating and the rooms were fine if unexciting. My biggest complaint was that when I arrived on a Friday evening, the restaurant and lounge were totally hijacked by a corny comedy club and not available for regular service--this is a buzz kill for an arriving traveler. However, the very excellent, if old school and expensive, Peerless Steak House was next door and made for a great spot for dinner and drinks. The HI is not a particularly memorable hotel but it is certainly an adequate one.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ken P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. I do apologize that you experienced problems with your air conditioning. Hopefully maintenance department took care of your issue. We are in the process of installing many rooms with new air units which will certainly help. The comedy zone and the restuarant are in the same room. Since you found this difficult to eat dinner in we will explore our options in order to improve. again, thank you for your comments. We will certainly use your information to improve on our service levels and on our hotel. We hope to be of service to you again in the future.
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Hello,

I came with here with wifey and friends for graduation festivities at ETSU this past weekend. I will try to be as objective as possible. I don't know if the state rate guests are automatically put into the subpar experience, but this was a disappointing stay.

Let's start with the cons: 1). The lobby looks halfway remodeled with a covered up smoke smell throughout; 2). The front desk worker was rude and accusatory. I guess she thought we didn't deserve the state rate? Weird. 3). Our room was decent with some noticeable things: the smoke smell, holes in the wall where clearly a picture should have been, extra small pillows, and open wall sockets with no coverings

Here are the pros: 1). Ummm, hmmmm lemme see here. The bathroom looked remodeled and nice; 2). Its in a great location near restaurants, stores etc.; 3). Ummm yea, hmmm, let's see here. (crickets)

Overall, if you have low expectations and get a good deal for like $40-$50, I'm sure you can tolerate this hotel. From they way they were operating, I have a feeling they won't be open too much longer. We felt nickled an dimed the entire time. It's not really worth what they charge. We won't be back. But see for yourself, as your experience may be better.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Deerych,

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the condition of our lobby, customer service and the smell of smoke in the room. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Winchendon, Massachusetts, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed here for a free night in May 2013 as a Priority Club member. Reading many of the previous reviews, it seemed that the experience of the guests changes depending on whether there was a conference or event. I asked the staff and they said that they do cater to a lot of events and the hotel is often full or empty.

I requested a quiet room, and came on a Wednesday night when the hotel was not busy. As a priority club member, I received a coupon for the restaurant/lounge and so ate and drank there and it was also not busy at all, fine for me.

The service at the front desk and restaurant was excellent, my room was beautiful and immaculate, quiet and very comfortable. In the restaurant, and the sirloin steak was better than the Outback, the waffle the next morning was also very good. The broccoli seemed generic and previously frozen, but this still seemed a solid restaurant.

I am not sure what experience some other reviewers had or were expecting, but I found my experience to be better than many hotels including Holiday Inns, and I will definitely come back even if there is more going on with confidence that I will have a good experience.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I was here for the Coptic Conference as well - mentioned by Body Healer. There is another set of women's rest rooms off the lobby kind of hidden near the restaurant of the hotel that had an additional 5 stalls beside the bathoom in the Conference Center portion that Body Healer mentioned. So if other people knew about this I m sure the lines would not be so long.
But, anyway- I was pleasantly surprised by the rooms, both comfort and size. There were many many restaurants nearby so the restaurant at the hotel was certainly not the only option. I can't comment on it because I did not eat there. Well maintained property. Would love to stay here just for a weekend. Very clean, and staff very healpful

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Johnson City? Share your experiences!