“Great except for a couple of things” 5 of 5 stars

AAA Family Fun Package
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Johnson City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Elkins, West Virginia, United States
“Great except for a couple of things”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

The hotel was great. Great location, good amenities, good service. Has a restaurant attached but quits serving food at 11pm on weekends. Spacious rooms and the beds were very comfortable. Rates were pretty good for the rooms and we had the concierge breakfast which was nice. Only 2 complaints, they put extra money on my credit card on hold for potential alcohol or restaurant purchases (as it was explained to me) that I was not told about. I think that this should be something a customer is told up front. Then we went down to the pool and apparently someone staying in a room invited their whole family to come to the pool for a birthday party. They took all the towels, kids were screaming, throwing pizza, dropping cake all over the floor. Then I asked the front desk if they usually let people throw birthday parties when there are other guests trying to swim. They said they didn't know there was one going on which I find hard to believe because it was right next to the desk. My husband and daughter had stayed a little bit longer and when they had had enough and were getting dressed, the kids were hiding behind them not wanting their friends to splash them. Well, they didn't care and proceeded to splash my husband and daughter. Besides that, it was a very nice hotel. Located next to a mall, lots of places to eat, etc. I would still not hesitate about staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

sdlewis, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Johnson City, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor and for choosing our hotel when you were visiting the area. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at our pool. Please know we do not approve of, sanction or allow children's birthday parties at our indoor pool. This has been our policy for years however, one slips through from time to time at which time we ask them to reasonably stop the party as there are only a limited # of outside guests allowed to use the pool with a hotel guest. I am very sorry we missed this one and am indeed sorry for the trouble it caused you. We will continue to monitor potential situations such as this closer. We do place a nominal hold on all methods of payment at check-in in the event a guest chooses to use any of our on-site services such as our restaurant, lounge, laundry, etc... this is a generally accepted practice throughout all hotels and we do have a sign placed on the front desk which explains the policy. I am sorry it caused and inconvenience and was not explained fully.

Again, thank you for your kind comments. We hope if your travels bring you back to Johnson City, you will choose us again. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Steve Lewis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Ona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Although lacking a microwave which i feel should be a part of all hotel rooms. The Doubletree Hilton provided a very nice stay. the rooms were clean and stylish. I also think the solo cut coffee makers should be replaced with the pot options.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

sdlewis, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Johnson City, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate and value your opinion of any ways we can improve our guests' experience and we certainly will take yours into consideration for future plans. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope we have another opportunity to serve you if your travels bring you back to Johnson City.
Huntsvile, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed on a non-NASCAR weekend. Although it's an older hotel we had no issues with anything, and our room was plenty up to date. The upgrade to the suite was worth it: 5th floor gives you a complimentary breakfast. There was enough grass near the hotel to walk our dog. Wireless internet signal was fine with no dropouts. Tons of restaurants nearby. Indoor pool goes under the water to the outside so if it isn't summer, the pool will be cold. That's my only gripe. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review and for choosing us for your accommodations. I am so glad you enjoyed your suite and concierge lounge breakfast, as well as our convenient location. We greatly value your comments and I will certainly share them with our staff. We look forward to serviing are your hotel of choice on your next visit to Johnson City.
Townsend, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Staying at this hotel for business in Johnson City. Very convenient and modestly priced. Rooms are very nice, recently updated, and quiet. Adjacent to Johnson City Mall and many restaurants in the area. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
sdlewis, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Johnson City, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review of our property on the TripAdvisor website. We appreciate your input as we are always striving to improve our guests' experience. I am happy to share your kind comments with our staff. Thank you again for taking time for the review and we hope to see you again soon.
Best Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay overall. The only disapointment was at check in. We have diamond club status with hhonors. I got to the hotel at 2:40pm. 20 minutes before the "check in " time. Was told our room was not ready. They asked for my cell number to call me when room was ready. Well an hour and 20 minutes later no call so we went back and I guess the desk staff changed shift and the woman that was there was gone for the day. After that everything was good. Nice rooms good size bathroom. Only complaint was the a/c unit did not get cold enough. It was not uncomfortable but definitely not up to par. Breakfast was ok nothing great. We would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking time to post your comments with the TripAdvisor Community. We apologize for the inconveniences experienced during your stay. I am sharing your review with our staff as this is not acceptable and not to our standards of service. We have put corrective measures into place to prevent the front desk communication breakdown and guestroom air conditioner issue from occuring in the future. We hope we have another opportunity to serve you if yor travels bring you back to Johnson City.
PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We love Hilton Properties and most of the property lines have a definite identity that you come to know and expect. The DoubleTree Line needs to rethink its identity since it really does not have one other than a mish mosh of characteristics. The Johnson City DT appeared to have a partial update of some hotel and room areas but just did not go for a full renovation. We are HH members and got the breakfast on the fifth floor in a previous hotel room conversion. Very little seating and quite unappealing atmosphere to eat.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and for choosing us for your accommodations. I have shared your comments with our staff and the appropriate individuals as we are constantly exploring ideas to improve our guest's on-property experience and we regret you found our concierge lounge unappealing. Our goal is to provide each and every guest with a comfortable and problem-free stay and we hope you will consider staying with us should your travels bring you back to our area.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I was hoping that this Doubletree would have met my expectations but didn't.
I was in town for work and chose to stay at this property. First thing I did when I got to the room was take out my laptop so I can finish a little work. There was one electric outlet under the work desk in which I had to CRAWL under to put the plug in. The outlet on the lamp didn't even work. The power outlets on both sides of the bed were taken also. The room needs a serious upgrade. The hotel needs to come into the 21st century especially with the amount of devices people carry.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to post your recent review of our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience with the electrical outlets in the rooms. I can assure you your comments have been taken into consideration and we are actively looking at different options to provide more access and ease of use regarding our electrical outlets. I completely understand the importance of having a convenient work environment and I regret that we did not provide this for you. I do hope if you find yourself back in the Johnson City area, you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again and make it right.
Steve

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Johnson City? Share your experiences!