“They charged me $50 for their stopped up toilet!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Interstate Inn Johnson City

You added Interstate Inn Johnson City to your Saves list
Interstate Inn Johnson City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2312 Browns Mill Road/I-26, Johnson City, TN 37604 (Formerly Days Inn Johnson City)   |
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Johnson City
“They charged me $50 for their stopped up toilet!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Changed rooms multiple times due to things broken. Opened the fridge and water inside poured all over my suitcase. Switched rooms then used the toilet and it stopped up so had to switch again where the bed was broken but so tired of switching we just dealt with it. Then on the way home look at my crafit card account and see they charged me "interstate inn $50" so u call and they say im not sure what that charge is it should fall off. So 2 days later I look again interstate inn fellnoff but they put a new one on there from "days inn" which they used to be. So I call back she refuses to let me speak to someone in charge then proceeds to tell me she is charging me for the broken toilet. LMAO which wasnt broken just stopped up and we had to plunge it ourselves!!! NEVER STAY HERE!!!!!!!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

What was supposed to be an overnight visit to Johnson City, TN, ended up being a few hours in this hotel. When we arrived at this hotel my husband went to check in and everything appeared to be ok until we got to the room. They put us on the back side of the hotel and no one was there but us, and when we got inside the room I was really afraid to go inside. Everything in this room was so old that It look like a old hotel in a movie I had seen. So, it was very old smelling and we turned the heat on and it took a very long time to get warm. We decided to go and get something to eat and I told my husband when we got back that I wanted to move to another room around front because I wasn't comfortable being around back and our door was not fitted properly because we could see the light from under and around the door. We stopped at the front office when we finished eating and the owner was so very rude and ugly and said we couldn't change rooms because they were cleaning the carpets in the other rooms and if we did we would have to pay again because we had been in the other room. We did not touch anything but the heat and she wanted to charge us again. So we sat there for a few more hours cause we had already traveled 5 hours, but the longer I looked at this ugly room, the more I wanted to leave. It never warmed up in the room and I told my husband that I wasn't going to sleep in that old room and wanted to leave. So we put the keys in the room and left. If you pay these people your money for a room, they should at least be nice to you and try to make you comfortable, these were not friendly people at all. And oh yea, they did have a ice machine, but guess what, NO ICE!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't Stay Here!!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
MONTEREY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I had to change rooms several times, there was an odor that i could handle.
I finally got a room that hadn't been used in several days, the smell was still there but it was bareable. The staff was awesome, they were real understanding and did everything possible to accomadate me. I really appreciate the effort they put forward.
I also liked the area that the hotel was in.kinda off the beaten path but still close to the mainstream area. I am a Faithful user of the Days Inn Hotels, however if returning to this area i would probably not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

CRANSTON
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Our stay ended in a big disappointment. The last night we stayed in your hotel, we arrived back to our room after visiting our family and discovered that the room had not been cleaned. When we went to the desk we were told that the cleaning staff do not come to work that day (Monday, October 8, 2012). We found the answer incredible. The entire staff did not show up for work? Then in the morning when we checked out, our balance was different from the amount we were quoted. We wanted to get on the road for our journey home, so we just paid what was asked for. When we requested a receipt, the person at the desk seemed put out. Needless to say, we are not happy patrons of your establishment.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

i went to use ladies room in front lobby, man said i can not use it only for people that are staying their i could not believe it. I told him it was a emergency. he was so rude I was looking around in disbelief dirty, no aircondtioner looked like the whole place needed gutted out. Im surprise people stay their. Id be afraid of bugs. The front desk fellow needed some brush up, rude horrible,. Please don't stay their. Spend a few extra dollars and stay somewhere else...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Rich, Arkansas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed in this dump on June 16, 2012. First, we called ahead and were told the rate would be $39 per room for two rooms. It was VERY late, and we had children, so we stayed even when the rate was OVER $60. I got to the room and the smell of cleaner was overwhelming. I complained, and the front desk argued with me about whether or not the room smelled. My head pounded all night because of the horrible odor. I complained again the next morning, and asked to have a rate reduction. More arguing, and was told in so many words to just shut up. After staying here, I developed an upper respiratory infection from breathing in the fumes.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Interstate Inn Johnson City? Share your experiences!