“cleaning supplies” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Interstate Inn Johnson City

You added Interstate Inn Johnson City to your Saves list
Interstate Inn Johnson City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2312 Browns Mill Road/I-26, Johnson City, TN 37604 (Formerly Days Inn Johnson City)   |
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Johnson City
MONTEREY
“cleaning supplies”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I had to change rooms several times, there was an odor that i could handle.
I finally got a room that hadn't been used in several days, the smell was still there but it was bareable. The staff was awesome, they were real understanding and did everything possible to accomadate me. I really appreciate the effort they put forward.
I also liked the area that the hotel was in.kinda off the beaten path but still close to the mainstream area. I am a Faithful user of the Days Inn Hotels, however if returning to this area i would probably not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
CRANSTON
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Our stay ended in a big disappointment. The last night we stayed in your hotel, we arrived back to our room after visiting our family and discovered that the room had not been cleaned. When we went to the desk we were told that the cleaning staff do not come to work that day (Monday, October 8, 2012). We found the answer incredible. The entire staff did not show up for work? Then in the morning when we checked out, our balance was different from the amount we were quoted. We wanted to get on the road for our journey home, so we just paid what was asked for. When we requested a receipt, the person at the desk seemed put out. Needless to say, we are not happy patrons of your establishment.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

i went to use ladies room in front lobby, man said i can not use it only for people that are staying their i could not believe it. I told him it was a emergency. he was so rude I was looking around in disbelief dirty, no aircondtioner looked like the whole place needed gutted out. Im surprise people stay their. Id be afraid of bugs. The front desk fellow needed some brush up, rude horrible,. Please don't stay their. Spend a few extra dollars and stay somewhere else...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Rich, Arkansas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed in this dump on June 16, 2012. First, we called ahead and were told the rate would be $39 per room for two rooms. It was VERY late, and we had children, so we stayed even when the rate was OVER $60. I got to the room and the smell of cleaner was overwhelming. I complained, and the front desk argued with me about whether or not the room smelled. My head pounded all night because of the horrible odor. I complained again the next morning, and asked to have a rate reduction. More arguing, and was told in so many words to just shut up. After staying here, I developed an upper respiratory infection from breathing in the fumes.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Stockbridge, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I tried to stay here on 6/10/12. The owner/manager had the front desk employee (who was very plesant) move me to another room. It had a terribly strong chemical odor. I turned on the air and went to eat and let it air out, but the odor was still too strong when we got back. I asked for another room and the owner/manager refused. I asked for my charges to be canceled and he refused. All interaction with the owner/manager was through the front desk employee on a cell phone as he sat in a chair on the lawn outside. He wouldn't even come in the door to talk to me or try to help. He just sat out there an said no, no, and no. I left and went down the road another hour or so toward Knoxville where I checked into another Day's Inn and had no problems. They still charged me and had the nerve to send a survey asking how they did! This owner just doen't seem to care about customers.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room you will be staying in before you give them money or a credit card, then go look...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Charleston, WV
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

This place appeared to be more of a place for traveling workers and not a family atmosphere. We didn't feel safe just by the appearance and location. I should have known something was up when 2 cars was all that was there the day after x-mas, which is one of the busiest travel days of the year. The BW and Ramada across the street was packed. I had to step back to the office to get someone to wait on me after standing at the front desk for several minutes. The office was in shambles and appeared the staff was living there. I had booked/pre-paid online thru my CC Company and had a confo paper with all my info and instructions to present at check-in. I asked to see a room and he wanted my credit card and my DL. I asked why he needed this just to go look. He got rude and continued to ask for my CC and DL's even thou he had my info on the check-in PC and on my confo info sheet. He said it was "policy" I asked to see his policy in writing and then he stated he didn't have to show me and said no CC and DL, no room and turned to walk off. By this time, I had decided not to stay there anyway form the looks and treatment I received. I told him to just credit my acct. and I would leave. He refused because it was past my window to cancel and walked off. I called my CC company since I booked thru them and they called the motel and was treated rude also when the CC Co. questioned the policy and my displeasure in them. They refused my CC Co. also. I do understand about the cancelation policy but I felt I was misled when I booked. If safety concerns are not a legit reason to cancel, I don't know what is? Day inn corp. was nice but stated that unit was not company owned and had no control over a refund. I was out 60+dollars but was o.k. donating it to them because my family’s safety is far more important. It will be worth 60 bucks to me if just one person reads this and takes my advice and not stay here with your family. Go across the street to the Ramada. It costs a little more but isn’t your safety worth it?

Room Tip: Go across the road to one of the other motels
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family