“60 dollar lesson” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Interstate Inn Johnson City

Save Saved
You added Interstate Inn Johnson City to your Saves list
Interstate Inn Johnson City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2312 Browns Mill Road/I-26, Johnson City, TN 37604 (Formerly Days Inn Johnson City)   |
Ranked #19 of 20 hotels in Johnson City
Charleston, WV
“60 dollar lesson”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

This place appeared to be more of a place for traveling workers and not a family atmosphere. We didn't feel safe just by the appearance and location. I should have known something was up when 2 cars was all that was there the day after x-mas, which is one of the busiest travel days of the year. The BW and Ramada across the street was packed. I had to step back to the office to get someone to wait on me after standing at the front desk for several minutes. The office was in shambles and appeared the staff was living there. I had booked/pre-paid online thru my CC Company and had a confo paper with all my info and instructions to present at check-in. I asked to see a room and he wanted my credit card and my DL. I asked why he needed this just to go look. He got rude and continued to ask for my CC and DL's even thou he had my info on the check-in PC and on my confo info sheet. He said it was "policy" I asked to see his policy in writing and then he stated he didn't have to show me and said no CC and DL, no room and turned to walk off. By this time, I had decided not to stay there anyway form the looks and treatment I received. I told him to just credit my acct. and I would leave. He refused because it was past my window to cancel and walked off. I called my CC company since I booked thru them and they called the motel and was treated rude also when the CC Co. questioned the policy and my displeasure in them. They refused my CC Co. also. I do understand about the cancelation policy but I felt I was misled when I booked. If safety concerns are not a legit reason to cancel, I don't know what is? Day inn corp. was nice but stated that unit was not company owned and had no control over a refund. I was out 60+dollars but was o.k. donating it to them because my family’s safety is far more important. It will be worth 60 bucks to me if just one person reads this and takes my advice and not stay here with your family. Go across the street to the Ramada. It costs a little more but isn’t your safety worth it?

Room Tip: Go across the road to one of the other motels
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Bridgeport, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

An affordable motel, with clean and well kept rooms, and professional service. I was impressed at the quality for value, and would definitely stay there again, if I am in the tri-city area.

Room Tip: My room was great, and I guessing any room should be the same quality.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

Very Helpful and courteous staff with clean and fresh rooms made our stay very enjoyable at Johnson city, the location is ideal with good restaurants Roan street, Malls and supermarket right next to the Days inn, and too top it all there is a fantastic restaurant within Days inn.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011 via mobile

We stayed here on 8-27-11. The room we reserved was not cleaned and the beds were still messy from the previous nights guest. When I called the desk, I got alot of attitude. They did get us another room, which was cleaned, but not clean. The matress did have a stain on it, check that out before you sleep on it! Overall, the experience was not good, and I've stayed in a lot of hotels. Look elsewhere for a place to stay, all tha reviews you'll read are correct on this place!!

• Stayed August 2011
Morristown, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

My friend and I stayed at this hotel twice a couple of years ago-- the experience both times were terrible and we swore we would NEVER stay here again.The rooms were smelly and not very clean. We are not picky -- however-cleanliness is vital.This Aug. we had to be in Johnson City for an early appointment for my friend to have a medical procedure at the VA hospital.We decided to spend the night before at a hotel rather than having to leave home at 4am.Against my better judgement I decided to give this place 1 more chance---And I am SO glad I did!! It is under new management and they are renovating the rooms.The room we stayed in was not completely finished but had new carpet and new mattresses and was very clean.
The room did not have soap, shampoo, or a clock so I went to the front desk to request these items.The desk clerk [Cassie] was very apologetic and gave me the needed items immediately. We will definitely stay here any time we need to spend the night again.Cassie was a jewel and made our stay even more enjoyable!! The price is reasonable and when all the renovations are finished it will be awesome!! I definitely recommend you check it out if you need a clean reasonably priced place to stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Richmond, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2010

I knew this would not be a luxury hotel, but I was still surprised at how bad it was. It smelled like a deoderant spray had been used to try to cover up old, bad smells...quite honestly it smelled like old urine smell being covered up. The drapery hooks were broken at either end and I just could get it to cover the window. The bedspread had a medium-sized hole where it had been burned/melted.

The bed was comfortable, and seemed clean after I pulled off the spread.

The floor was filthy. I wore socks and after one walk across the floor they became dirty. The carpet actually felt sticky it was so dirty.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

I stayed here for one night in November and could barely sleep, I was so terrified of getting infested with bedbugs or succumbing to some other horrible fate. Fortunately, there were no bedbugs to be found, but this property is gross! Dirty and worn carpets, tears and holes in the curtains, bad smells, you name it. The pool was drained for the off season...that and the rest of the place's general appearance made it look like a horror movie set. The photos make it look much better than it actually is. I wish I had taken some myself, but I did not want to stay there one minute more than I had to.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Interstate Inn Johnson City? Share your experiences!