“Good service, mostly” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Tullahoma, Tennessee
“Good service, mostly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We were greeted by a hostess who ignored us at first and then said she would be back in a few minutes. There were literally less than 5 tables full in the whole place....more employees than customers......finally a nice guy by the bar asked if she had helped us, and when we said no, he took us straight to our table and had our server come and take our order. The guy, and our server were both very efficient, very friendly, and the food was wonderful. We enjoyed our visit and will return.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Johnson City, Tennessee
“From Bah Humbug to Umm Umm Good!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I have found Carrabba's to be a crowded place, with tables sooo close together, and so loooooong waits to be seated. Yet, today, I wise server named Jamie suggested that my wife I sit at a table in the bar and have a beverage as we waited for a table. She was very courteous, kind and attentive to our comfort as we waited. In fact, we, she and we, decided to eat at that table. She was at our table often to check on us although she was moving about tending to others with the same level of courtesy she displayed to/with us. Her manner was sufficient to change my sense of a crowded, busy, impersonal place to one in which a server was a professional who is concerned about the quality of her cuustomers' dining experience. I came away with a realization that a place could be crowded, close and have long waits, but if an individual server pays attention to details and needs of her customers, the crowd, closeness and length of wait can be overcome with style and grace.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Poor Hostess Seating”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

We did call ahead seating for a party of 3 for 5:30. We arrived at 5:30 and were told it would be 30 minutes. After waiting for 40 minutes and seeing several groups who arrived after we did get seated I checked the status of our wait. I was told we would be seated next. My family decided to wait another 10 minutes. Two tables were then sat before us. We will not return to this restaurant. They need to train their hostess staff to be more efficient!

Johnson City
“Portion size is about 1/2 of what it used to be”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We go to this restaurant occasionally with friends. There just aren't a lot of great restaurants in our town. The food is delicious, yet a little pricey. So today we go with friends, and I ordered the chicken bryan. The portion was laughable. It's half of what it used to be for the same price. We saw other plates come out for other people and the portions were tiny. Seriously doubt we will go back. It was $37 for 2 entrees and water, and I left hungry.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Very professional and always good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

We tend to meet friends at Carrabba's for lunch or dinner here in Johnson City. One thing that we can always rely on is that our service will be excellent and our food will be very good!! Kat waited on us for lunch on our last visit and while very professional, she seemed a bit...stiff. Not sure why,,,maybe trying to be professional for the business lunch crowd; but wish she would have relaxed and smiled with us. Nonetheless, her service was excellent and she was very attentive!

Our food was delicious and brought to us in a timely manner. I had the Caesar salad wood fired pizza with a Caesar salad. It was all very tasty and one could tell the chicken on the pizza had been wood fired as well. My wife had the Caprese panini with a bowl of tomato basil soup. It was very tasty for her as well as I never usually see her eat an entire meal; but she did this time.

All in all a great visit as usual to Carrabba's!

• Visited December 2013