“Performance and Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #90 of 263 Restaurants in Johnson City
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Performance and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

The Cook Out in Kingsport recently opened its door, hence why I hadn't found it on this list yet. I checked the reviews online and my girl and I stopped by for the first time. It was packed and practically all the parking lots were filled. We past it time after time and then one day my girl suggested that we should check it out and try the food. I decided that it was worth a shot considering having never heard of the place at first considering it was actually the first time I heard of the place. I called the one in Johnson City and they were polite and gave me the phone number to the one we are at. Anyway, we ordered the Tray from the one in Kingsport and we were amazed. The burger was perfect and so was the service. However, we tried the onion rings and the fries and we saw better. It's not that we didn't like the food. It was the quality that counts and the staff were polite. Plus, I checked the restroom and it was clean and organized. So I am giving it a rating of 5 on all topics except the food in a way. However, the prices were actually cheaper than most chains and I would recommend the place to tourists whether it be for visiting, staying or just want to dine in, drive thru and/or to go.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“It's cook out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

hit's the spot when you're hungry or on the go, you know what to expect and usually get just that... apparently I HAVE to use at least 50 characters to describe my experience at a fast food restaurant, seriously trip advisory tune it down

Visited August 2014
Tennessee
“Good burgers, awesome shakes, good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We went to Cook-Out on a recommendation from two friends and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The burgers are hot and juicy and you can get exactly the topping you like. The bacon on mine was extremely flavorful and plentiful. The cheese has a delicious flavor, not the barely there yellow stuff you get at a lot of fast food places. The chicken nuggets were actual chicken not an odd breaded substance and they were flavorful and juicy enough that I didn't need sauce. The chicken quesadillas were fantastic, good chicken, good cheese, and just the right amount of spice to them. Then there were the milkshakes.... I cannot say enough about the milkshakes. They were perfect, thick, lots of flavoring without being overpoweringly sweet, best shake I have had in ages and there are so many flavors to choose from, over 40 listed flavors and you can mix and match them any way you want. I had peanut butter fudge, and my hubby had chocolate banana malt, we both agreed they were incredible. The decor was modern and clean, the cashiers courteous and professional. They didn't even bat an eye when I went up and ordered two slices of cheese. The prices are really low, under four dollars for their biggest burger, three for a shake and combos under five. The neatest thing is that a combo is an entree, two sides, and a drink, and many of the entrees can also be had as a side. So you can get a burger, chicken nuggets, a quesadilla and a drink on one combo, or a quesadilla, and two more for sides, and a drink. They have chicken sandwiches, nuggets, and quesadillas in beef or chicken, hamburgers, hotdogs, and barbecue, fries, onion rings, and hush puppies. I am looking forward to trying their other offerings soon.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kingsport
“Finally a really great burger at a reasonable price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Just ate at the one in Johnson City, and it was one of if not the best burgers I'd ever gotten from a drive-thru. For $4.69, they offer the fourth pound burger, TWO sides and a drink. Look out Kingsport burger chains....you're in for some real competition when the new one opens there. FINALLY!!!

Unicoi, TN
“GREAT Fast Food Joint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I have ate several times at cook out and have always been pleased with the food and the service.
The staff are polite and prompt.
The slaw is excellent and the burgers are GREAT.

• Visited January 2014