“Not the best, not the worst” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #164 of 248 Restaurants in Johnson City
Cuisines: Mexican
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Not the best, not the worst”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

It's just a canned Mexican restaurant, like so many others. Fine for predictable sustenance and speedy service, but not for anything homemade or truly delicious.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Jonesborough, Tennessee
“Good Food Priced Right”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

A lot of people, my husband included don't care for the mass canned variety of salsa. I for one like it and like it hot with hot tortilla chips. Food is served fast and hot.

Falls Church, Virginia
“Good but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Service was excellent, food was good but not great. There are many Mexican food places in the area that are better. But value and atmosphere still make it a safe bet. Just don't expect to be blown away by the cuisine.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tennessee
“no commercial food here!!! real authentic mexican food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

I have been to this restaurant numerous times and the service standards stay the same, Excellent! The food is wonderful, there is no commercial taste here. The mexican style tacos with the carne asada, you cant get enough of them they taste so good, not to mention the abulas guacamole. I like that there is an outside patio to sit and relax and get the fresh air. The only thing I would change is the chairs they use outside, not all that comfortable. I look forward to my next visit to Amgos.

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
becky320
“I will never go there again.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

My daughter and I went there for lunch after a long day of shopping. When we walked in I asked for a booth and they seemed put off by it. When our server came to the table he called me a heffer. I said excuse me and he didn't repeat it. Thinking I was mistaken I tried to blow it off. As I sat there the table next to me were laughing at the fact he called me this. While there I was wondering if what happened really did happen. While looking around I noticed that a group of employees were gathered in a corner stairing at me. A short time later about 6 employees sat at a table behind me saying words like huge, big and other refrences to size. I was never greated by a manager and while paying I wasn't asked how it was. I assume this happened because what looked like a manager was laughing along with the rest of the crew. I left very unhappy and didn't tip.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere