“Warm and inviting!!!! Excellent food and service!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Babylon Mediterranean and Middle East Grill in Johnson City, Tennessee

Babylon Mediterranean and Middle East Grill in Johnson City, Tennessee
2122 N Roan St, Ste 8, Johnson City, TN 37601
(423) 282-9600
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 263 Restaurants in Johnson City
“Warm and inviting!!!! Excellent food and service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Babylon welcomes their customers with a warm smile. You always feel like one of the family when your there. The staff are accommodating to dietary restrictions and will substitute items to meet your dietary guidelines. They have daily specials; so, be sure to ask in advance what the special of the day is. You won't be disappointed with the quality, or portion of food presented to you. Their service is top notch, too!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Jamestown, NC
“Iraqi Influence Middle Eastern Cuisine At Its Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Do not let the lack of ambiance dissuade you from eating here if you like Middle Eastern food. We found it to be one of the most tasty we've had in a long time and we eat (or have eaten) Greek, Syrian, Lebanese, Egyptian and Armenian cuisine. I would compare their menu akin to Syrian/Lebanese. The hummus was light but very flavorful (make sure you ask for the cucumber slices as pictured in the menu). Mom raved about the warm pita bread. We ordered four dishes between the three of us and shared, family style; the lamb kabobs, the swarma (beef), the stuffed veggies (dolmas, cabbage and crookneck squash) and the eggplant stew. These dishes also came with the tabouli, eggplant salad and jasmine rice. We ate every bit of it and could hardly move afterwards but found nearly every bite delectable. The tabouli was heavy in herbs and very lemony, unlike other tabouli that is more wheat (bulgur) than green. The eggplant salad was unusual in that the eggplant was fried to near crisp before being mixed into the green vegetables. It was less flavorful than the tabouli but still very good. The eggplant stew (not so much a stew but stewed) was so rich in flavor that every bite was singing in my mouth. Be aware that not every dish is available every day. We had originally ordered lamb shanks and potato curry but were not available at the time. We were not disappointed, though, with what we did get. If not for the fact that we had been invited to dinner at my nephew's apartment on Saturday we would have eaten dinner here two days in a row. And, lastly, the lady who served us (I believe an owner) was so nice and accommodating; she offered to save us a lamb shank if we dined there the next day. I do not know when we will be back to Johnson City any time soon but I would consider taking a detour there for this restaurant if I am in the area again.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Our family decided to dine here with the great reviews as we love international cuisine. We ordered 2 appetizers, hummus and the eggplant salad. Loved the hummus and the eggplant salad was not what we expected as it was finely chopped up veggies. We also ordered the lamb kabob and again, it as nothing to rave about. With that being said, the meal didn't leave us to give the restaurant another chance to prove to be better. On a positive note, it was nice to sit outside and enjoy the weather.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
West Jefferson, North Carolina
“Really authentic!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Great service, helpful with the menu etc. We had 3 different items, all delicious. I notice in a previous review someone said they had a side (came with) of hummus and eggplant salad with the same entree I had, but I did not have that. My food was really good, but I would like to have had a little more. My lunch was 12.99...not what Id normally spend for lunch, but it was nice, tasty, home made and healthy. I'll go back. Hookah available on request! That's not something you see every day.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Excellent authentic food in a welcoming atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

We have been here so many times that I lost count. Their food is absolutely delicious and as authentic as it gets. Their service is great and very welcoming. During summer season their patio is an absolute favorite to enjoy the warm weather with friends and family. Definitely would recommend this place.

Visited April 2014

Travelers who viewed Babylon Mediterranean and Middle East Grill in Johnson City, Tennessee also viewed

Johnson City, TN
Johnson City, TN

Been to Babylon Mediterranean and Middle East Grill in Johnson City, Tennessee? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Babylon Mediterranean and Middle East Grill in Johnson City, Tennessee, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.