“better than last time but needs work still” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #170 of 263 Restaurants in Johnson City
Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tennessee
“better than last time but needs work still”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

I returned to IHOP with the hope that things were better. Some have gotten better, the staff was more attentive to the customers. I found they do have heated syrup but I found you need to ask for it. As for the variety of syrups, they still are not labeled so its a guessing game what flavor is what. Some are obvious but some are not. The coffee is weak, could be stronger. The servers were friendly.
Again the plus is that they are open 24 hrs a day. There are not many to choose from that are. When I get off work so late at night I only have a couple choices.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tennessee
“Nice variety”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

I enjoyed the food, many different plates to choose from. I like that this is open 24 hrs. The coffee was not watered down. The service was good. My suggestion would be that the syrups need to be labeled which is what flavor. Hot syrup rather than room temperature would also be a plus. I asked 2x's for lemon for my water and did not receive it. If they dont have lemon just tell the customer that. The restrooms are in need of attending/ they were dirty and trash was over spilling (this was only about 745am). the stalls were not cleaned. I expected them to be as clean as what the restaurant was.
I will be back with the hope that instead of the employees going out for smoke breaks they might take a moment to check the restrooms for cleaniness. It was slow when we were in there.

• Visited August 2011