“Got the job done” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Johnson City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Turkish first
Greenfield, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel and it is dirty!! Sheets would not stay on the bed, kept coming off and I was constantly pulling it up and putting back on all night to prevent touching just a bare mattress. Bedspread was dirty and had ciagarette burns all over the underside. Floor, carpet dirty and stained. Sheets dingy and stained, towels, some were grey but not because they were colored because they were old and discolored. Walls and baseboards, door facings dirty from not being cleaned. Shower would not work and truthfully did not feel safe because seemed to be alot going on outside.They definitely have a problem with housekeeping issues. They did not provide a single inkpen or pad to write on, had to go and get one from my car. Overall a bad experience and would not use this hotel again. Breakfast was not good also. ramada Inn, in the area I live was a very nice and well kept hotel and sad that this hotel standards are so low, When I complained, all they said they would tell the owner.

Room Tip: Go in and ask to look at room before you check in.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Johnson City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Upon arrival the room smelled as if it had been smoked in. That was not really the problem though. We were there 13 days before the maids ever came by and got the dirty towels and mad the beds and we had to go ask them to come do this. We had to go get clean towels everyday. We were there a total of 19 days and the rooms got serviced 3 times. One day they even came in and brought clean towels but did not get the dirty ones, get trash or make the beds. The absolute worse house keeping I have ever witnessed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Kingsport, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I have stayed at this location off and on for 3 years, this was the worst stay I had ever had. In one room, I saw a centipede. I hate bugs--they are nasty--and requested another room. That second room was worse. That room had a roach, cricket, and wasp in it. I asked to be switched again, and was told the only other room that was available was a room right beside a designated smoking room.

Some people go outside their room and smoke, and the ventilation picks up the smoke and carries it into that person's room, so I would be trading one bad situation for another. I do not understand why this motel has nonsmoking rooms right beside of smoking rooms. If they "have" to have smoking rooms, it should be all one building or one floor, or one side of the building.

Comfort Inn and Suites across their chain is entirely smoke-free. They are the envy of most hotel/motel chains. It is sad how this is 2014, and most hotels/motels still are not totally smoke-free yet. It seems a customer's comfort would be of concern, but most don't care.

So, I was stuck with the roach + other bugs room, as every other room I was told was booked up. There are four different buildings in which people can stay, it seems a bit of a surprise how they were so booked up, especially with them having such a huge bug problem.

I had to ask for some insecticide to spray in the room, in hopes of keeping other bugs away. That did work, as I saw no more. Unfortunately the horrible stench of the insecticide lingered heavily for over 8 hours and made me sick. I was stuck in a motel prison, of sorts.

I had bought the "Stay 3 days, save 20% deal" at the Wyndham website, and I called and spoke to the Wyndham reservation line about my situation, and spent about 5 minutes on the phone with a female agent, and she said that if I checked out early, that I would lose the discount on the 2 days I had already stayed. I asked her to check with a supervisor to see if that could be changed, due to the horrible living conditions that Ramada Inn was subjecting me to, and she put me on hold. I waited on hold for 15 minutes then gave up, which makes the Wyndham reservation line also look irresponsible.

I asked to see if something could be done from the management regarding their bad conditions, and they refused to do anything at all. I even asked if the hot tub suite was occupied, and was told it was NOT. I asked if I could be upgraded to that room, for all the trouble I had gone through, and I was told NO. That would have at least given me a little bit of comfort from all this misery.

This was the first time I had seen a roach in a motel in 25 months, as I saw them at Motel 6 of Johnson City in June of 2012, and I never went to that Motel 6 ever again.

I was willing to not put up this review if they did not charge my card, but since they did, the world needs to know how bad this motel really is. I had enjoyed coming to this location for 3 years, but I will not be back at this location again. One is better off spending some extra money at the Choice Hotels or Hilton Hotels chains.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Rochester Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I had a nice stay here. I really liked the location and the room was large, clean, and inexpensive. The pool was clean and open until 10pm which was nice. The hotel staff was very kind and and helpful. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to Ramada Limited Johnson City? Share your experiences!