“The Ritz of Johnson City” 5 of 5 stars

Carnegie Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1216 W. State of Franklin Rd, Johnson City, TN 37604   |
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Johnson City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“The Ritz of Johnson City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I made my first trip to Johnson City for a conference this week. The town it's self is very nice but the most pleasant surprise was the Carnegie Hotel. I normally stay in a Marriott or Hyatt Hotel. The Carnegie was as nice or nicer than any Marriott or Hyatt that I stayed in. I had a large bed room and a bath three times as large as the average hotel bath. The restaurant and bar were outstanding. Our group ate breakfast and one evening meal in the hotel restaurant finding both to be excellent food quality and very reasonable compared to normal hotel prices.The staff was very helpful during my stay. In short if I every return to Johnson City the Carnegie will be my hotel of choice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Powell, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed there while I was running the Bluegrass Half Marathon. Perfect location for it. The hotel was very nice. The rooms are quite large and the bathroom is huge. Double sinks, separate tub and shower. I am very pleased that we decided to stay here. My daughter even left her favorite little soccer ball and I called and they were willing to ship it to me. I'll be running the Half Marathon again next year and we will definitely be staying at The Carnegie.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Sevierville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband has been in training in Johnson City since May. We have been staying at The Carnegie since then. We have enjoyed our stay. I want to Thank the wonderful staff. Joel Daulhauser, Beth Long, Amy Thomas, Nate Thompson, Justin Pritchard, Lauren Stephens, Cathi Alsop, Evan Thomas, Lynn Behrer, Jason Lane. The housekeeping staff, We ate at Wellington's where the food was out of this world, Sid was a very nice person as well as a great server. Thank you again for all that you did to make us feel so welcomed. We will be back to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times. The most recent stay was for 3 nights last week. This is a very special hotel. The rooms are large and well appointed. The bathrooms are gigantic with a separate shower and tub. The front desk personnel are extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel is very elegant. There is a superior in-house restaurant as well as many others nearby and some in walking distance. The hotel is located directly across the street from East TN State University and there is an overhead walkway connecting the hotel and campus. One evening we walked through the campus and it is beautiful. Directly behind the hotel there is a VA hospital. It also has a beautiful campus. There is very adequate parking. In addition to the hotel having meeting facilities it is also connected to the Millenium Center which has superior meeting facilities. If you want a real treat there is an in-house Spa. We absolutely loved the hotel, it's location and it will be where we stay when in the Tri-Cities area.

Room Tip: Our favorite rooms are on the street side looking at the East TN State campus.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Pflugerville, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My room has two beautiful sleigh beds, wooden armoire, desk and two leather chairs. The bathroom is vintage in style and very spacious. The staff at check in were kind and accommodating. My room also has a refrigerator. The lobby is very pretty as well. There is a train nearby, but that is a sound I like :-) Grand is fitting word to describe this place. I was pleasantly surprised by how nice my room looks.

Room Tip: They do have a spa well, but I have not tried the services.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
DeLand, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Elegant & historic hotel that felt like we went back in time. Fun place to stay when visiting the college. Good, central location and next to a place that has 30 or 40 different types of milkshakes! Our room was very nice & clean. The front desk service was great! We enjoyed staying in this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Superb hotel in a historic building. This hotel is relaxed yet elegant. The rooms are huge with high ceilings and furnished in lovely traditional style. E bathrooms are 3 times the size of most hotel bathrooms. They are done in a modern retro decor. The whole hotel is spotless. The gym has more than the usual array of fitness equipment. The spa is a bonus on the lower level. There is even a reasonably priced and delicious restaurant on site. I as able to get an exceptional rate n my stay which made it even more exciting. The staff is friendly and helpful. I would be hard pressed to stay elsewhere in Johnson City this is such a fabulous hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Carnegie Hotel? Share your experiences!