“Great way to spend a day!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Children's Museums, Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: Interactive exhibits, programs, and events to stimulate discovery, thought, and understanding.
MO
6 attraction reviews
“Great way to spend a day!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Took my 8 and 3 year old, both had a blast, and there was activities and thins to learn for each one of them, all while the other one not getting bored. I am Active Duty Air Force, and hope to retire to Johnson City soon, and will defiantly be bringing the kiddos back! Even if I can not move here right away, this will be a staple of our visits to Nanny & Poppy!

Visited May 2013
Hands O, Public Relations Manager at Hands On! Regional Museum, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review! Glad you enjoyed your visit!

Coldwater, Mississippi
14 attraction reviews
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

My mom and I took my 4 year old niece and she had the BEST time. The dinosaur exhibit is awesome, they are HUGE and mechanical, very realistic. She enjoyed almost everything in the museum. Highly recommend it.

Visited May 2013
Glad your family had a wonderful visit, thank you for the great review!
Louisville, Kentucky
3 attraction reviews
“Good for My Children ... But Could Use Some TLC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Hands On! Museum was a great outing for our family. They had plenty of exhibits to keep the kids occupied for nearly two hours (could have been more, but it was time to close @ 5:00pm).

My daughter especially enjoyed the grocery store, playground, slide, and airplane exhibits. But from a parent's perspective, I think the museum could use some TLC. There were a few exhibits that were broken (though my daughter could care less!), and more use from kids will just add to the wear-and-tear.

At the same time (and this didn't affect the fun my daughter had, which is why we were there to begin with), it was strange to see all the employees begin walking in-and-out of exhibits among the families there, cleaning nearly 30-45 min. before closing time. You could tell that the employees wanted to leave as soon as 5:00pm rolled around. And while I don't blame them for wanting to leave, it just seems more customer friendly to wait until exhibits actually close to tidy up a bit.

Anyway, we had fun, and we'll go back again—especially for the kids.

Visited April 2013
Hands O, Public Relations Manager at Hands On! Regional Museum, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for your review of Hands On! I am happy that your daughter had a wonderful time and appreciate your comments. I will have the Education Manager speak to the floor staff about their cleaning process. If you would like to send me a list of exhibits that need some TLC, I will be happy to share that with our exhibits manager also. WIth 70,000-75,000 visitors each year, wear and tear is a constant battle. You may contact me at kristine@handsonmuseum.org
Thank you!
Watauga, Tennessee
7 attraction reviews
“A place to take kids.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Have been there twice. Enjoyed first visit more. Second visit the museum had same worn out exibits from first visit 3 years before except for the dinosaur exibit, which I didn't get to see but did look interesting from door. Know it exists on funds but some updates would be nice.

Visited November 2012
Thank you for your comments! If there are any specific exhibits that need some TLC I can have someone look at doing repairs. With 70,000-75,000 visitors each year wear and tear is a constant battle. You may contact me at kristine@handsonmuseum.org
Thank you!
Hills of N.E. Tennessee
“Excellent Place For The Kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

A good place for kids and adults to learn about things at their level and have a ball of fun!!
Very good value for the money. Good location in downtown Johnson City, Tennessee.

Visited September 2012
Hands O, Public Relations Manager at Hands On! Regional Museum, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for the great review! Glad you enjoyed your visit!