“Solid good cooking, excellent chicken livers” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #36 of 263 Restaurants in Johnson City
Cuisines: American
Avery County NC
“Solid good cooking, excellent chicken livers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We drive over from NC to eat here. The chicken livers are excellent. The fried chicken is to die for. The sides are excellent. I love the green beans and sweet taters. You cannot be concerned about dietary issues....we just order more butter for the griddle cakes and have at it. The desserts are good. I swear I am gonna try different things on the menu but the fried chicken....o the fried chicken.

The service is good. Not always fast but the food takes a minute. The staff seems to really be willing to go out of their way to satisfy their customers.

Reasonably priced.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Johnson City, Tennessee, United States
“Comfort food done right.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Salt N Pepper has the best comfort/soul food in the Tri-Cities area. I've eaten there several times and have tried a variety of offerings - shrimp po' boy, crab cakes, fried chicken, fried green tomatoes, green beans, etc. - and I've loved everything. Our office even had them cater a luncheon for us and the food was just as fresh and delicious as it is in the restaurant. So, if you're looking for a really delicious "home-cooked" meal away from home, you can't beat Salt N Pepper!

• Visited July 2012
Johnson City, Tennessee, United States
“Wonderful FOOD!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Everything I've eaten here is just wonderful food, so good, keep you wanting more..it's not the healthiest food, but I do sometimes opt for the grilled chicken sandwich or a salad which has never failed to be just as yummy! I am so proud of these girls for making their dreams come true and our bellies happy! :-) Keep up the good work!

Johnson City, Tennessee
“A weekly meal for us!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We love the food here! My husband has to have their fried chicken and mac and cheese once a week! I love their soup beans and pan corn bread.
We have had many of their sides and all have been delicious!
Their greens, butter beans, cabbage, and fried green tomatoes are yummy!

• Visited October 2012
Valdosta, Georgia
“Best little spot in JC.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I am so proud of the ladies who run this joint. They are doing an excellent job. A lot of good restaurants haven't been able to make it work in this little, off-beat spot near N. Roan, but Salt N' Pepper is killer! It's a can't miss spot when we are in town. Every single thing I have tried, from the cubed steak special to the candied bacon, has been fabulous. When you go, hope and pray they have carrot soufflé because that stuff is AMAZING! Keep up the hard work! We love this place!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere