“Nice little Joint” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 263 Restaurants in Johnson City
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
“Nice little Joint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Heard about this at the place I was working at. Was told her there early or you won't get what you want. Had full rack Memphis dry rub, there it's sauce on table.good portions,great ribs, great service. What a rub joint should be...

Port Townsend, WA
“Generous Mild BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

As others have said, this may not be the greatest BBQ ever, but it is darn good. Portions are ample, and the prices moderate. We particularly enjoyed the "Rivalry" platters that allow you to choose an assortment of BBQ to your taste. The meats are cooked without sauce. You can add the rather sweet sauces to your taste. Note: Hokie Smoakie is a short drive from the highly-rated Red Roof Inn, where we stayed.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Just okay..not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I had eaten here before and been pleased with my lunch. My husband and I went and both of us agreed we would not go again. The food was very overcooked. I can't say that anything we ordered was outstanding. It was just a little expensive for the quality of the food served. I agree that Firehouse is a better choice.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Hokie-Dokie Hokie-Smokie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

My first visit, but not my last
Great food (turkey with bacon sandwich on a bun) with a side (homemade cole-slaw)
Plenty of meat, good turkey plus bacon slices with lettuce and nice tasting sauces
Great service - very attentive but not intrusive
Great beverage - Yuengling and others on tap
Great crowd - a sign of good foods and service
Great location - easy in and out
Going back soon with no doubt!

Visited September 2013
Jonesborough, Tennessee
“Great BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My husband had been here before, but this was my first time. I love good BBQ, and I wasn't disappointed. The service was great too. About the only thing I could complain about is that my baked potato wasn't hot enough, and when the check came it was a bit more than I expected for what we got. Not sure if I'll go back, but it is good, and I'd recommend it, just be aware it's a bit more pricey than other competitive BBQ places in Johnson City.

• Visited August 2013