“Don't look for Trouble” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 20 hotels in Johnson City
Atlanta
“Don't look for Trouble”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

It always tickles me when people complain about the silliest little things like the height of the curbs in the parking lot or the type of luggage carts or they couldn’t find the hotel or even other guests who were making too much noise. When people start nitpicking about this kind of small stuff, they are looking pretty hard. This is a beautiful, new Courtyard. The staff is great and the rooms are very comfortable. I had no issues with noises and found the curbs in the parking lot to be just about right. If I’m every in the JC area again, I will make this my choice again. Besides, where else are you going to stay in JC? The highly rated Red Roof Inn? I don’t think so.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

89 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

New facility so everything was nice and clean - GPS did not recognize new roads and took me to a dead end at the railroad tracks - enter complex on Med-Tech Parkway not Knob Creek Road - parking area has about 8" high curbs to navigate - luggage buggy was similar to those found in airports, great for straight line but not easy to get through a door fully loaded like the normal 4-post carts - commented on the buggy to the desk clerk and she said all the Marriott's have those - to bad she did not realized that I have stayed at several Marriott properties this year including 5 days at the Courtyard in Little Rock before this trip and this is the first time I had seen those type of cart - breakfast was a disappointment as this facility has the "new" Bistro environment - no buffet spread to grab something quick and take back to the room - health nuts will probably like this arrangement but I did not - internet was slow at times - I will pass on this location in the future but I am sure most everyone else will enjoy the experience and would recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here this weekend and was super pleased with every aspect. My room looked brand new and was spotless. The property is set back, off the main road, behind a new strip mall ( with multiple good places to eat, which was very appreciated) and therefore very quiet. Beautiful view of rolling hills with grazing cows right outside my window. I did see a train pass nearby, in the morning, beyond the fields, but I can hear trains from my own home so it was actually very nice, for me. I visited many of the barn quilts in the area, along the Appalachian Quilt Trail, and greatly enjoyed this part of the state. Nearby Jonesborough was a pretty, quaint town, with a great quilt shop, both of which were big bonuses for me! Had a great stay overall & recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013
Lexington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed here last weekend for ETSU graduation. Hotel is nice in appearance. Check in was quick and the staff were pleasant. My complaints are that complimentary coffee service in the AM is slow. I'm sure the reason they're not so quick to set up or re-fill is that they sell coffee at their modified food bar/coffee bar off the lobby. It was aggravating having to wait 45 minutes for someone to show up with the coffee container, and then it took about 5 minutes for all the guests to drain it, and then another long wait for coffee again. Every other place i stay at has someone constantly filling the pot, making sure it doesn't run out. I know this sounds petty, but they're the ones touting their free amenities, then failing to deliver.

Everything about our room seemed nice, I must say, except for the fact that the Romanian gymnastics team was practicing all night long in the room above us. Walls in this place seem to be paper thin.

I'm not so sure i would rush back to this place. I think next time I'll try the DoubleTree or maybe the Hampton. They just seem to be much less pretentious than the Marriotts do...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for the first time while visiting Johnson City on business. The hotel is about 4 years old and I must say I thought it looked brand new. The check in experience was very good, efficient and friendly staff and when I checked out the next morning I had more of the same. I did not utilize the fitness center the bistro restaurant or the outdoor pool (it was too cold and raining to boot) so I won't comment on this aspect. I was disappointed however when I was going out for dinner to a local casual restaurant as the employee at the front desk was unable to give me directions. She "knew" where it was but simply couldn't tell me how to get there. Apparently she didn't know the name or name sof some of the local streets. Unfortunately I was without GPS or any other such aid so I was on my own. Eventually I found it but it could have been so much easier with a little bit of assistance.

My only real compalint was the smoke/fire alarm in the room itself. This darn thing has a light that continuously flashes ALL NIGHT long while you are trying to sleep. To make it even worse, the alarm is located directly across from the bed which makes it hard to ignore and resulted in a bad nights sleep.

Room Tip: Take a room on the third floor in the higher number range to minimize the noise from the train.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Wish I had stayed here more than 1 night. Very clean property. Front desk workers were very friendly and told me where to go to get good mexican food. i liked the back of hotel so i have a good view. whenever i do come back to johnson city tn i will most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Burke, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I recently stayed at this Courtyard by Marriott. Due to severe allergies, it can be challenging to find a room that can meet my health needs and special requests. Upon arriving at this hotel and explaining my health issues to Dylan, he proceeded to work with me to find a room that would meet these challenging allergies. He was very patient and genuinely desired to make my stay an enjoyable one. Kudos to management for such a great hire - thank you Dylan!

The hotel itself is located in an area of town that has multiple options for shopping and eating. It is challenging to find with a GPS because it is a newer hotel, so call for an alternative address. The lobby and rooms are decorated nicely and the beds are comfortable. Room was clean and inviting.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the train tracks if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Johnson City? Share your experiences!