“Nice hotel - room a little dated” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Johnson City
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Nice hotel - room a little dated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

This was a nice hotel. I kind of expected it to be nicer after reading the prior reviews. Everything was fine, but the room was a little dated. The tub had some rust stains and the wallpaper was pealing in some areas. The TV was the "tube" style and could not be swivelled in order to get a better vantage point. Other than that...I had no complaints. The staff was helpful and friendly. The breakfast was good and there was plenty of seating - although I would have preferred a later breakfast (it closes at 9am on weekdays). The Logans Steakhouse was right next door and we were pleasantly surprised by our meal there.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
GeneralManagerTN264, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 24, 2010
Thanks so much for your review. We indeed updated the hotel public areas and guest rooms 2007-2008. I am sorry the decor is not to your liking, but I hope that it won't deter you from allowing us to accommodate you in your future travels to Johnson City.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2009

Loved this hotel! Located very close to the interstate and Freedom Hall Civic Center. Room was very clean, very comfortable bedding, nice towels. Fridge & Microwave awesome. Wish it had a flat-screen TV, the big TV took up a lot of floor space. Nice continental breakfast, very quiet and friendly staff. Logan's steakhouse next door even devlivered to us at 11pm. Located adjacent to a Wal-mart and other various stores. Didn't bring my laptop so I used the business center computer to check on email-nice set-up.

The room was so quiet you would have thought we were the only ones in the place.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Maryville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2009

Fresh cookies and coffee in lobby on arrival, popcorn for the kids, fine linens, plush mattresses, roomy suite, spa shampoos, soaps, fluffy towels!
The front desk called within 15 minutes of our arrival to make sure we didn't need anything. Very pleasant staff, wonderful breakfast of scrambled eggs, fresh waffles, plus the usual fare. Coffee was fresh and wonderful!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
hockytwn02
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2008

First things first, I must say that we were originally going to stay at Carnegie hotel. We had a change in mind after we realized that after every comment and rating good or bad the hotel manager responded to them. This went a LONG way with us. It told us that this place has managment that cares and has to pass it down to the employess. This team went way out of their way from check-in to check-out to make sure we were satisfied. We arrived earlier than expected and they checked us in with no problem. EVERY employee from front desk to even the maintainace crew greeted us with pleasure and smiles. Being hotel snobs from NJ we were very pleased to stay here and will gladly be back again. I must say that the breakfast is AWESOME! A friendly staff that helps you with anything you need, and I must say that you have to try the waffles. They are fresh, hot and you make them yourself. You are right in the middle of everything when you stay here. You have 100 restaurants to choose from, the mall or Wally world right here for anything you didn't bring on your flight. The beds are to die for and this place is spotless. Tammy your team has done a great job here and we would like to thank you for such a great stay.

Hotel Snobs from NJ

• Liked — Service, very clean
  • Disliked — cold weather
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Valdosta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2008

The rooms were spacious, clean, with a good size bathroom, micro and frig. There was fresh cookies in the lobby, free usa today, and a good expanded breakfast. Located next door to Logans Restaurant, which I believes delivers, Golden Corral, and a McDonalds. Across the street is also a Walmart for any last minute items and just off the highway. The location was great! My only gripe would be the lack of ethernet connections in the rooms, our work laptops are not set up for wireless so I had to use dial up or a "bridge" which could be checked out at the lobby but had a spotty connection. I called around though and couldnt find another hotel in the area with ethernet so I was glad to stay.

• Stayed March 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
GeneralManagerTN264, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, November 20, 2008
I wanted to thank you for your kind comments regarding our property. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay. Please accept my apologies for the lack of signal regarding the wireless internet in your room. I will certainly see what I can do to remedy that situation.

Nashville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2008

I am in Johnson City for business on occasions. I have stayed at this location and it was great. The rooms are excellent, the beds are great, and the breakfast was an extra bonus. Everyone was great. I highly recommend this location.

• Liked — the comfort of the beds
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you so much for noticing the upgrades we did on our bedding. We are really glad you enjoyed your stay. Come again and see us soon!

Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2008

Excellent stay, Breakfast buffet was great all you could eat. This hotel was in a great location, clean rooms, and friendly staff. I would stay here again if I am in this area. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed March 2008
Thank you so much for your wonderful commens regarding our hotel! It is such a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your stay. We strive for excellence and it is sure a moral booster when it is noticed. Come visit us again soon!

Tammy Havens

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!