My husband and I freq travel to a sec home in NC and have had an ongoing allegiance to La Quinta Inn Bristol... Until we were treated extremely rudely by a front desk employee this past July... Inspite of a reservation on line our room had been given away and all left were smoking rooms in the dilapidated old section.. Don't accept these ever they are gross... Our reservation was for a king in the newer section.. The desk clerk a guy with a butter melt in his mouth southern drawl was being rude while calling me Sweetheart before every statement... Well sweetheart I'm just sorry but you're out of luck well sweetheart no well sweetheart yes well sweetheart too bad... When I left refusing the smoking down trodden room I quietly leaned over and whispered to him " and I am NOT your sweetheart!!!!"... His mouth was still open as I walked out.. What a patronizing horses rosette !
On down the road another 3O miles... We were beyond road weary by this time and on need of a good nights sleep w/o a reservation in July! Luckily we called ahead to The Best Western Plus and a very cordial front desk clerk assured is of a room! When we arrived there were refreshments in the lobby comfy sofas and several newspapers of the day to choose from! Check in was great I loved the clerk.. Personable professional and efficient.. Our room on the quiet back side upstairs was spacious clean cool and comfy! Microwave and fridge made storing our food and medication convenient. There are beautiful grounds to stroll if you desire or have your pup with you as we did , a very nice pool area , and a bar and restaurant on site. But not just any restaurant! A fabulous Thai place with delicious food.. Evidently also a local favorite.. They provide room Service if you desire from the restaurant. If you aren't into Thai food there is a good seafood place right across the road and if you are into bar food and chicks there is a Hooters within half a mile. Also an Outback a few miles away.
Though the bathrooms are a bit small the rooms are very spacious .. Lots of comfy pillows to choose from . We loved the place so much esp after the rude behavior showed us at our old standby, la Quinta Bristol , we rebooked for our return trip ten days later! The experience just as positive the room just as quiet and comfortable, the same lovely desk clerk, a beautiful African American woman I think her name was Renita or similar? So nice!! So class act!
I read some of the less than flattering reviews and I don't know which rooms they were talking abt bc ours was newly refurbished. Yes it is an older hotel that has been renovated which to me is why the rooms are so large. Ill take more space anytime! On our second stay we had a quiet interior corridor room in the bottom floor which We also liked closer to the pool and restaurant. I did notice a bit of mildew stain on the ceiling above the shower. But I can honestly say bc of all the positives of this hotel no big deal! So Mr southern gent with the patronizing "sweetheart" calling unprofessionalism back down the road at La Quinta Bristol... You probably could care less as you obviously expressed to us... But you have lost two faithful rewards members to another chain w better accommodations and certainly better personnel!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN Johnson City Hotel & Conference Center offers a host of amenities and is conveniently located near the Bristol Motor Speedway, Eastern Tennessee State University and the Freedom Hall Civic Center. Hotel guests will be close to a variety of activities including hiking, sailing, rafting and golf. The hotel offers Junior suites, Whirlpool suites and Business King suites and all well-appointed guest rooms feature wireless high-speed Internet access, microwaves and refrigerators. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN Johnson City Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Johnson City
- Johnson City Best Western