“My Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Value Place Johnson City

Save Saved
You added Value Place Johnson City to your Saves list
Value Place Johnson City
135 Pinnacle Drive, I-26 & Boones Creek Rd. (exit 17), Johnson City, TN 37615   |
Offers & Announcements
$20 off room rate
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Johnson City
Kingsport, Tennessee
“My Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

When I first arrived in Tennessee, my girlfriend and myself were looking for a permanent place for me to stay while here. We stopped by the Value Place in Johnson City, Tennessee and we spoke to an employee working behind the desk. She was real polite and we got over the negotiation upon our first night there. I had to reschedule for reservation being out of state visiting my girlfriend's family in Virginia and again the lady was polite. We showed up and started moving in. The hotel room was extremely nice despite the off and on service with WiFi. The beds were neat and the bathrooms were as well. The staff there were friendly and helpful in certain situations such as changing sheets and towels as well as maintenance. Despite the neighbors either fighting or having sexual relations which kept us up as well as the kids trampling upstairs, we weren't going to let that ruin our stay. It was so convenient near many restaurants and gas stations that we literally walked down there and it was enjoyable. We would recommend others to stay at the Value Place there because of friendly staff and cleanliness within the property.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Value Place Johnson city TN for 7 months, I had an amazing stay. The place is safe, clean, well maintained and on the great location which is close to restaurants, and convent stores. From front desk to house keeping the stuff is friendly,accommodating and surprisingly enough within couple of weeks the stuff was addressing me by my name. If I ever come to TN I'd definitely be staying here again. As an international traveler this was the best extended place I've ever been to.Lacy and the rest of the stuff- thank you for making my stay a memorable one!

Sima from South Africa

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
HMSVP1, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Johnson City, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Sima,

Thanks for taking the time to write a wonderful review of Value Place Johnson City TN. We are so happy to hear about your stay! Lacy and the team at Value Place Johnson City do an incredible job of making guests feel at home and comfortable.

What did you think of Tennessee? Hope you had a great time and we are proud to have hosted you during your travels. Come back soon!

Thanks again, Sima!

David
Value Place Extended Stay Hotel
Gray, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

My room was on the 1St floor. If the walls and floors were a little thicker it might have helped. People up all hours of the night slamming doors, partying, and playing music. Kids upstairs treating the floor like a trampoline all hours of the night. I had to be at work early in the morning and left at 3am to get better sleep out in my car. Air unit not working even after maintenance called. Hot room didn't help. Was told there was no other rooms and there would be no refund on a week prepaid. These people need to be investigated by someone.

• Stayed March 2014
HMSVP1, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Johnson City, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Maxatar,

Please accept our sincere apologies in regard to the experience you had with us; we are sorry to hear that you had trouble sleeping on the first floor.

Next time, there is a x500 extension where a 24-hour Safety Attendant is on call at all hours of the night. The staff member sleeps on the first floor as well, so I'm sure he would have put an end to the noise and disruptions himself for all to get better sleep that night.

Please accept several discounts if you should choose to return to Value Place in Johnson City. We strive to delight our guests and want to make sure that everyone has a positive and comfortable experience. To claim your discounts send me a message on our Facebook page.

Maxatar, we would love it if you would consider visiting us again so that we may prove that your stay above was an uncommon experience. Our staff is quick to find solutions for our guests. The 24-hour Safety Attendant is on call to maintain order and quietness. The 24-hour Property Manager is on call to fix anything that breaks.

Thank you for writing a review. You are a valued guest at Value Place.

David
@ Value Place Hotel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I felt very safe. I would highly recommend Value Place.
It is a great place to stay. I loved the staff. Todd, the manager, he is no nonsense man, so any loud obnoxious tenants are asked to quiet down or are asked to leave or are escorted by police off property. Todd, and the rest of his staff, believe in safety first for tenants.

• Stayed November 2013
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Needed a place to stay while we were waiting to close on a house and the Value Place fit the bill in terms of location and cost. The rooms were clean and well appointed. A full size fridge, microwave and stove top made for a far better stay than a hotel would have been. There is a laundry area in the building and the cost is far less than the local Laundromats and much more convenient. There are supermarkets close by, restaurants within walking distance, the mall 2 exits down . . . . all pluses!

Parking was plentiful and the area is safe with the hotel being at the end of a road so there was no through traffic.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Overall, I would highly recommend the Johnson City Value Place (just remember, they do not do one-night stays . . . the rates start at one week rentals)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Urbana, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

I had never stayed at a Value Place before, buy I will again. My room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and attentive to all my needs. I give them an A+ rating. The inside hallways and constantly needing to use your key card to access different areas of the hotel made me feel very safe.

• Stayed December 2013
HMSVP1, General Manager at Value Place Johnson City, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you for posting a review for our hotel. Safety and cleanliness is of the utmost importance to our team at our hotel and I'm glad you recognized that. If there is anything we can do for you when you return please do not hesitate to ask me. We want to make Value Place your home when you stay with us. Thank you!

Todd
Burns, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We were there in July 2013 and was very pleased with the place, clean, accommodating, pleasant. I did have an non-smoking room, but you could do the whole building non-smoking, as smokers would gather just outside the doors and smoke, then climb into the elevator and the smell would lingerie. That was paying guest not the employees. Other than that we will return again July 2014.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and that is nicer than the ground. Noise level was down.