“If You Plan To Sleep...Don't Stay Here” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Value Place Johnson City to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Value Place Johnson City
135 Pinnacle Drive, I-26 & Boones Creek Rd. (exit 17), Johnson City, TN 37615   |
Offers & Announcements
$20 off room rate
Ranked #9 of 20 hotels in Johnson City
Johnson City
“If You Plan To Sleep...Don't Stay Here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Stayed a week and only got 4 hours sleep a night at best. You can hear the people above walking around and moving items. When a person above steps hard, you can feel the vibration. I'll never stay here again. Should have slept in my car.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

My husband and I just moved to the area and needed a place to stay while we looked for a home nearby. We had a hard time finding any kind of extended stay without having to commit to something long term. We had never heard of Value Place before but after seeing the sign decided to check it out. I'm glad we did. Not only was this place kept really clean but it was very safe and definitely affordable.

The staff made the environment feel like home right from the start. The young lady at the front desk was very sweet and spoke with us on a daily basis and the housekeepers knew us by name. It was such a friendly atmosphere and we would definitely stay there again. We plan on taking a vacation in the near future and we will definitely be booking another stay at Value Place.

Another review explained how Value Place makes you pay for extra amenities and only supplies you with one roll of toilet paper. The thing that you need to know from the start is that this is not a full service hotel. They do not make you pay for things you don't use and that is what keeps the costs as low as they do. Most nightly stay hotels charge you for the pool continental breakfasts and gym even if you don't use it. Value Place doesn't do that. Also there is staff there 24/7. The office closes at 6 on weekdays and 2 on Saturdays but there is a safety attendant after hours. There is ALWAYS someone there despite what another reviewer described.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It's a great place to stay and the staff is about as good as it gets. The rooms look like no one has ever stayed in them before and the security is very comforting.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

What a great place to stay! Close to Cracker Barrel, convenient to all the area has to offer. Fantastic staff! Spotlessly clean! I would stay here again and reccomend to anyone!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Morristown, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

Nice, clean efficiency style rooms for extended stay. I stayed here while I looked for an apartment to rent after taking a job in the area. Only complaint might be that I could hear the people above me walking around pretty badly. Nice area just north of town with several restaurants , grocery stores and even a couple bars close by. No funny smells in the room and everything was spotless. Not a great place for concierge service or other foo foo stuff but the price reflects the lack of frills. I hate the anxiety of making a reservation and wondering what kind of mess you may be walking into! Great experience here!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

We made these reservations in January for $189, by the time we stayed there in July, the rate had increased to $199. We did confirm this reservation 3 times before we left, yet they had a hard time finding it. We were told they did over sell the rooms at this hotel...not a good thing, when you know there are no other rooms that will be available.

You pay for the use of towels, you only get 1 roll of toilet paper, there is a $100 deposit. I did read some of the reviews before we left, so I took towels and sheets, just to make sure The room and grounds are clean. The staff when they are there are polite, but that is the key, they leave everyday by 5pm, and are not there on Sunday, and leave at 2:30pm on Sat. The room for the 2 of us was OK, again it was clean, there is a full size refrig, a microwave, and 2 burner stove top. There are no lamps...only 3 over head lights,no closets, there is a shelf with a bar to hang clothes. You will pay extra for anything to use in the kitchen. There are Dollar Tree stores in town for buy paper supplies etc. We did get our deposit back, but left the hotel without seeing anyone to check out...very strange.

One more thing about this Value Place. There were a lot of manuel laborers staying here. I'm sure it is because it is so cheap. They stay out in the parking lot til late at night. They cooked outside, and smoked. I never really saw any drug use or any of the other things that others saw, but I'm sure it probably did go on.Very few to none spoke english. They never bothered us and seemed polite, but I know this could be a problem for some.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Barrie, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

I'm not one to post bad reviews or reviews for that matter at all, but I was treated so poorly by the Value Place in Johnson City, Tennessee, that I will never recommend this place to anyone.

Not only was my reservation lost, causing me to spend a night in my truck because no other hotel was available. When I returned the next day my room was still not ready @ 2pm.

That should have been a hint at what was to come. I had the worst night sleep on a bed that was harder that the floor. While the build is kept very clean, the rooms lacks a closet or even enough drawers for 2 people to store their clothes. The full fridge and range are a nice feature, but an oven would have been easier to cook with.

When I tried to get internet access, I was told there was no wireless internet access, only wired and that was an extra $10 (no value there). When I stated I could only use wireless internet, I was told by the front desk to steal it from the hotel next store . Not something you hear everyday.

My biggest problem with the place was that I was evicted on my second day, for having a dog. This was why I choose Value Place in the first place. When I called and made my reservation, I asked if dogs were accepted at the hotel. I was told yes. I made mention of the dog again, when I checking in to the hotel.

On day 2 of my stay I was spotted with my dog entering the hotel, and told to leave. When I asked for my money back I was told that was not the policy.

Personally I didn't mind leaving the hotel, as it was not a comfortable stay at all, but I didn't think it was fair to kick me out and not refund my money. I would have gladly paid for the night I stayed, however I have now paid for many days that someone else will be staying there.

I cannot vouch for other locations, but this one was litter with problems. What I find funny is all the people that were outside drinking and doing drugs in the parking lot did not get evicted. Where is the justice in that?

If you feel like living in a college dorm for a week or two, Johnson City Value Place will be right up your alley. But better leave the pets at home.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Johnson City, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2008

I've been staying at Value Place since they opened march 2008. The staff is very nice; they keep the place nice and clean and very safe! Having the kitchens in the rooms rock! I got a full size refrigerator, microwave oven, cabinet space, and a stove top (an oven would be nice, but I understand). I'm glad they didn't kick me out for the Bristol Race like the other hotel did or else pay them 4x's the regular rate!!!!! I love my Value Place!!

• Liked — It's like my own studio apartment
  • Disliked — no oven!
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Value Place Johnson City? Share your experiences!