“Keeping Driving To The Next Hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Jellico

Days Inn Jellico
You added Days Inn Jellico to your Saves list
Days Inn Jellico
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1417 South Main Street, I-75 and US-25 W at Exit 160, Jellico, TN 37762   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Jellico
London, ON Canada
“Keeping Driving To The Next Hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2008

It was a place to sleep and nothing more is how our mind set was as we pulled off the I75. We were travelling with two dirt bikes chained down in our truck. We were literally in our room from 23:00 to 07:00 and to our astonishment as I began to load our up our belongings one of the dirt bikes was stolen right off the back of the truck. A passer by came in to the establishment to tell the front desk clerk that he saw 4 people pushing 'something' up the hill along side the hotel... at 06:30am. Our truck was parked right in front of the area where breakfast begins serving at 06:00 with an attendent on duty. We were never informed of this situation until I went to the front desk to report the theft. They said they didn't know which room we were in??? THERE WERE ONLY FIVE VEHICLES IN THE WHOLE PLACE!

It is a long painful story but certainly smelled fishy to me! No one apologized or helped me in any regard! Never even offered us a discount on our stay.

I had contact Days Inn head office with my concerns (as I said it is a long story) and to no avail I have heard nothing from anyone.

Very dissappointed!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Lack of Customer Service
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
terryrog1, Manager at Days Inn Jellico, responded to this review, August 2, 2009
In reality, their dirt bike(s) were recovered the very next morning by the local police.

An employee of a nearby fast food restaurant came to our motel and told the night clerk that he had seen someone pushing a motorcycle from the property.

The night clerk called the police as soon as he found this out.

I am not sure where this poster gets that we didn't try to help, as we did. The reason we didn't contact them is because we were unaware that it was their bike that was stolen until they told us.
No fault of our own...

As they stated, they did contact our corporate offices and I responded back to them as I do during any complaint.

I do apologize that you had a bad experience. However we done everything in our power to assist in this matter and still this poster is making it out to be our fault, when it isn't.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2008

stayed 3/19/08. This was just disgusting, we too were suckered in by the Days Inn sign only to find the most horrible Days Inn we've ever been in. We'll never stay in another if this is the kind of establishment that corporate owners consider adequate. Room was run down, carpet filthy, furniture should have gone to the dump..not even Goodwill would take it. Bathroom had missing tile, peeling paint, dim light, ancient and never updated. Towels were so thin and ragged....horrifying. AC rattled so bad we had to try and stick cardboard in it to quiet it...and it didn't cool well...surprise surprise. TV was fuzzy...1960's all over again. Room stunk of heavy duty disinfectant covering up a musty odor... luckily we didn't eat in the overpriced attached restaurant as we were warned to stay away by people coming out. Breakfast is in the basement...how pleasant...and was very meager...We were greeted by a prison guard/hostess who's greeting was"If you don't have your breakfast coupon you can't eat here" ...Good morning might have been nice but no such luck there.. She kept watching all the patrons in the room as though someone might try to sneak one of the two remaining doughnuts out the door in their pockets. Dismal experience. Do if your tired and driving north, shoot for Corbin KY about 25 miles farther north w/ many hotels to choose from, heading south anywhere around Knoxville but whatever you do DON''T STAY HERE!. There's an abandoned motel as you get off the highway in Jellico, it's a better bet than the Days Inn. They should be ashamed. I doubt the people that work there would even stay there...certainly not worth the $68 we let them rob from us for a horrible night's stay.

• Liked — Not a thing
  • Disliked — Hard to pick, it was all so terrible.
  • Stayed March 2008
portagelake
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2007

I seriously recommend driving right past this hotel! We were driving home on our way back from Florida and we were exhausted and needed a place to stay. We should've kept driving! We decided to stay in Jellico at the Days because there are only two hotels and I thought Days would be best. I was mistaken! This hotel is filthy! The floor/ carpet is disgusting, the bathroom smells of urine and the bedding looks as though it never gets changed. When we arrived to our room, the front desk called to make sure everything was okay with our room....um no....wish we would've kept driving!! Not worth the $68!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
OHIO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2007

We were on our way to South Carolina and needed to rest. We would have been better off sleeping in the car! The bedspread was stained, threw it on the floor, the TV (cable) didn't work. We called the front desk, they sent the "maintenance " man, who couldn't figure anything out. The hot water didn't work. And it smelled awful, musty.
This place was awful. We have stayed at Days Inn in Ohio before and they were nice. We complained, but nothing got resolved. I emailed them after we returned home and NEVER even received a reply. So now I will never even consider another Days Inn.

• Liked — Nothing!!
  • Disliked — Everything!!
  • Stayed July 2005, traveled with family
Canal Winchester, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2006

My family was traveling back from Disney World and desperately needed to find a place due to the 13 hours of driving. It started to rain so we quickly pulled over to the town of Jellico, Tennessee. We only saw 2 hotels and was familiar with the Days Inn chain of hotels. The Lobby should have warned me to what was ahead. This place is a Dump. My husband slept on a roll over cot right in front of the door because he wanted to be on the "LOOKOUT." The room smelled of urine and must. I was honestly scared to let my family lay their tired heads on the pillows in fear of lice and bed mites! We didn't have much cash or I would of left and pursued 10 miles down the road to other hotels. The breakfast was decent in the morning but we didn't even shower before going because we couldn't wait to leave the room. This place STINKS!!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Keep going. Don't stop
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Minford, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2006

This hotel was a pretty good deal at $63 including tax, on a weeknight. The kids enjoyed the outdoor pool and jacuzzi. Outdoor facilities were far more updated than indoor, as the rooms are somewhat dated. The beds were worn, and I saw a bug in the bathroom. The flourescent light in our room did not work 50% of the time. The cable was limited too, as the kids complained of nothing to watch. Overall we got a good night of rest before heading on through Tennessee, but next time I won't stay at this Days Inn.

• Stayed June 2006

Been to Days Inn Jellico? Share your experiences!