“Not the best” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hales Bar & Marina Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jasper
Hales Bar & Marina Resort
You added Hales Bar & Marina Resort to your Saves list
1265 Old Hales Bar Rd., Jasper, TN 37340   |
Dadeville, Alabama
“Not the best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

The area around Hales Bar is historic and lovely. The marina management needs to wake up and see that it's about to fall down around the historic dam. There are numerous problems in the marina, even though it has covered slips and even a new covered dock away from themain area. The golf course doesn't function, the pool is okay, there is an on again off again restaurant, public washroom is a disaster (we decided not to use it at all).
Run by and take a look before you make the decision.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Trenton, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

My sister and I took our 8 kids and stayed in a land cabin that was better then staying at home! Other then the towels still in the washer no bathroom paper or soap it was very nice!lol We really had a great time!They do however need to fix the things around the park that need to be fixxed!Maybe some better help!The lady in the Ship Store Leanna well she was very nice and loved talking to my kids and husband!lol:) We will go back sometime next summer so they have time to fix and rehire!lol

Room Tip: nice clean
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
LaFayette
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

I wrote a review in august of last year and to say the least, it was not a great one. My husband and I decided to try the floating cabins again this year and were pleasently suprised that alot of improvements seem to have been made to the entire marina. The smell in the cabins was alot better and it was clean and well equipped. We also enjoyed the new restuarant. The service was great and we had a wonderful time. I can only see more great things for hales Bar. It has so much potential and seems to be getting there slowly but surely. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

I am hoping that the owner begins a routine maintenance program and general clean up of the entire facility. This place has much greater potential than is currently happening there. Mini golf was over grown and not open, the "water slide" tower was in disrepair and closed, and the general landscape was unkept. The RV area and pool seem to be over run with "locals" who mysteriously know the gate code. One young man told me it had not been changed " in some time". I wish I could win the lottery, I think this could be a crown jewel resort on the Tn. River with some investment but like it is, it is just a hang out for the local "folks".

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Porterdale, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

The things that were good about this vacation spot were great... The things that were bad were horrible. Great things: Cabin was extremely clean inside. View is beautiful and the marina nearby was a plus. Pets are allowed. Price was very affordable for this unique spot. Western Sizzling is only 5.5 miles away. Bad things: Trash in the water next to the cabins is unacceptable. Pay one of your kids in the lobby to take a scoop, and clean it at least once during the weekend instead of paying them to man the lobby - they are inexperienced and unknowledgeable about the place. We had experiences with 3 20 year olds at the marina desk - two of them were totally lacking customer service training. I'll forgive the 3rd one for smoking outside the door and throwing her cigarette butt in the water before waiting on me. You need to ask beforehand if they have emptied the sewage tanks and put the chemicals in, or you are in for a horrible treat - the smell was so bad we were sick the whole first day. This is a MUST when checking in. Also, you need to bring toilet paper - one roll won't do for a weekend, or take your own. It's embarrassing to walk across the dock holding a roll from the office. It would have been nice/helpful to have a brochure in the cabin with info about their lodge any surrounding venues, like other resorts/hotels do .... The very young lady at the desk was nice, but too talkative without answering any of our questions. The restaurant was closed, no food at all, barely any necessities in the marina store. If this isn't your first visit, it doesn't matter, cause you know enough now to take your own stuff... but if it's your first visit, you will need: extra toilet paper, probably extra coffee cups and spoons (there was only one in our cabin), deodorizer, paper towels, camping chairs for the deck outside (there was only one hard folding chair at our cabin), bars of soap (the ones in there are so tiny you can hardly hold them). As far as the horrible stench, we thought at first maybe it was just sulphur water smell from the lake, or maybe they would empty the tank before we got back from eating out... when we returned to our cabin after eating out, the stench was still there and the office was shut down tight for the night. We will return there because of its' uniqueness (floating cabins on the water), but we know now how to prepare for it. When we checked out the young man in the office was very unfriendly, never spoke, never thanked us and never said anything when we told him we were leaving and had enjoyed our stay... This weekend was a rare getaway for my husband and myself, and a surprise anniversary gift for my husband. I was so embarrassed by the stench and lack of customer service there. However, he loved the floating cabin idea and mountain scenery. Regardless of the negatives, since the cabins were so clean, we will return soon.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Snellville, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

An awesome place to stay! Took my two kids, a German exchange student and a friend joined us, everyone had a great time. Time for relaxation, quality family time, fishing, games and a great night sleep. The beds are extremely comfortable, the kitchen enables you to cook, bathrooms have plenty of room, the living room has plenty of space with TV and fireplace and the deck is perfect with rails wrapping around. An awesome view of the mountains. You can fish from your deck, the dock or the pier. You can come by car or boat. They have floating cabins and land cabins. We have gone back and will continue to go several times a year. 1,2 and 3 bedroom floating cabins with sleeper sofas. We have rented a 1 bedroom and a 3 bedroom. 3 bedroom provides a full size refrigerator, the 1 bedroom a mini fridge. Both have a cook top, microwave, sink and more. My 9 year old and my teenager had a great time. It was so peaceful to get up and go sit on the deck and relax before the kids got up and then start fishing or playing putt putt. Don't miss the haunted damn for a chill of a life time. I have never had such a relaxing vacation. I never want to leave once I get there! The staff is the friendliest, most courteous people I have ever met. The will do whatever they can to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. You truly feel like you are at home but away from the everyday hustle and bustle. All the guest are very nice and friendly. There is not enough good things to say about HALES BAR & MARINA!!!!!! I love it and am ready for my next trip up there.

Room Tip: All the cabins have great views!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Trenton, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

Hales Marina is the most relaxing,clean,friendly place i have ever visited!The staff was so good to us and made our stay that much better!!!Between fishing off our porch,mini golf and of course the Haunted Tour we had a amazing time and I could not even think of anywhere i would had rather went!!I will give Hales Marina my vote anyday on being clean,well kept,friendly and relaxing......really this place has the best rates,I mean why stay in a tiny hotel room where the staff gets paid by how many rooms they throw out there at high rates when you could be sleeping in a Cabin,floating on the river and gettin treated as if you was paying the high rate of a hotel????So take your kiddos or partner and head down there...I dont want anyone to miss out on such a great place!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hales Bar & Marina Resort? Share your experiences!