“Comfortable and clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1890 Hwy 45 By-Pass, Jackson, TN 38305 (Formerly GuestHouse Inn Jackson)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Jackson
Fargo, North Dakota
“Comfortable and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

After our truck broke down (Peterbilt) on the interstate.. the towing company recommended this hotel. We were checked in by a very accommodating clerk and given a very nice King bed room. The only noise was the storms spawned from the hurricane that passed earlier. The clerk on checkout was very nice and thanked us for our stay. When we need to stop and get a room for the night in this area - this hotel will be among our first choices we inquire into for accommodations.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

The only knocks are the hotel rooms are a little worn (carpet could use a good cleaning in places and a fresh coat of paint to cover up some marks on the walls.). Otherwise, rooms and appliances were clean. Only there overnight, and breakfast was a basic continental. Service was good. If you are just looking for an overnight place to stop, this is a good value.

• Stayed August 2012
Richmond VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

After a long day on the road and not sure where to stop for the night, my wife and I noticed this motel in a discount coupon book and decided to get off the interstate and take a chance on a chain with which we were not familiar. That proved a wise decision. This was a very nice motel at an easy-off, easy-on exit thick with motels. The clerk did not hesitate to give us the discounted rate, which totaled about $46 for the night. Given the late hour of our arrival, that was a pleasant surprise; I was afraid the coupon might be a bait-and-switch. We got a quiet room at the rear of the property, with a parking space close to our door. The room was clean and adequately sized. My only negative observation: the concrete walkways outside the rooms were dirty and in need of repair. They detracted from the nice landscaping on the property.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Greenville, SC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel with my neice. Its right off of I-40 and I was too tired to drive to another city to find more adequate lodging. The room was cheap, only $57 with tax. At the front desk there was a sign offering use of a room safe and it showed the limit of liability that the hotel would have it your room was broken into. I've never seen anything like this before which made think they must have a high rate of forced entry's into rooms. We had a room that was facing the pool that closes at 10 or 11 p.m. which is late when you are trying to get some sleep. The access point to get to the stairs was covered by shrubs, you didn't know what you were going to run into on the other side. The room was spacious and it appeared to be clean, but laying under the covers made me itchy. The grounds were not well lit and you could see light coming from underneath the door. This is not a hotel that I would stay at again.

Room Tip: Don't take a room near the pool
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

This is my first review of a hotel that I have ever posted. In my 20+ years of traveling both person and for work, this was my single WORST stay ever. We arrived on Wednesday evening to a room that had almost all the light bulbs missing, a non-operating vanity light and a torn shower curtain. I notified the desk first thing the following morning (at approximately 9am). I was informed they would take care of it immediately. We returned at approximately 12:30-1 pm to find the bed made, but the lights still not fixed. We left again and returned at approximately 9pm. The lights and shower curtain still not fixed. I notified the desk with a little more urgency to fix these items. A maintenance person arrived about 15 minutes later and told us that he had replaced the lights earlier in the day and that someone must have taken them. He replaced the lights once again. It was then that I went to retrieve my laptop from the garment closet. The laptop was MISSING. I then notified the front desk again and talk with the manager. She took the report and said she would talk with housekeeping in the morning. No laptop returned. I will summarize the rest. After some checking it was determined that maintenance had NEVER been in the room, and as I checked out (yes, early, that day), it was also noted that the master housekeeping key was left in my room on the cabinet in which the laptop was stolen from. I will not point fingers, but safe to say this is NOT a safe or trusting hotel. I am still (a week later) trying to get reimbursed or the corporate incident report. It seems like the upper management does NOT care about image or the people who stay there. Sorry this is so long, but wanted to warn people of a untrusting hotel.
I will NEVER stay at a Guesthouse Inn or their affiliations again and will warn my family and friends of the same.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
nanapip
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

I stopped at this motel because it was next door to the McDonald's. it was late, I was tired & hungry and since it was only for one night, I thought why not. I have never stayed at a Guesthouse Inn before. The rate was good, the clerk was very friendly and helpful. I was able to park in front of my door which traveling by myself, I liked.My room was clean comfortable and quite. They offered a decent breakfast. If I am ever in that area , I will stay again. I enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: The clerk said they have 2 room suites, but I was only there for one night so I didn't need one.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Winston-Salem, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

It's cheap and that's the only thing going for it. The entire property is very tired inside and out. Our room was in the back where there's absolutely no security, not even a fence. I moved my car as close to the office as possible to avoid a break-in. You can do alot better elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!