“You get what you pay for...” 1 of 5 stars

You added Executive Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Executive Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2318 North Highland Avenue, Jackson, TN 38305   |
Ranked #25 of 27 Hotels in Jackson
“You get what you pay for...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

This roach motel suits the classic saying, "you get what you pay for"! It is one of the cheapest places to stay off I-40 so I expected bad, but not this bad! Let's start with the smell in the room - it is horrid (my first clue should have been the smell that hit me in the face when we walked in to register and pay! I should have ran the other way then!). When I got to the room I had to search for plugs to charge my phone and other electronic devices and pulled out the nightstand and saw a fairly large beatle bug! The next thing was a short black hair under one of the pillows, then a baby cockroach in the bathtub! Shortly after killing the cockroach in the tub I saw his mother crawling up the wall by one of the beds! I have stayed in some raunchy places before but this place has them all beat by a long shot! The guy at the front desk was very nice so that is why I gave a higher rating for service and I gave a rating of average for value because...well...need I say it again...YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! Cheap motel (in this case) = Roach motel plus extras!!

• Stayed May 2012

Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

We just needed a hotel in the general area for a night stop before starting the next morning. This hotel is right off of Interstate 40. It's not a flashy hotel but we found the room clean and the beds were very comfortable. The staff was very friendly. The room had a microwave and refrigerator. It fit our needs and the continental breakfast gave us a fresh start for the road.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011 via mobile

I found a coupon for this hotel and decided to stay due to price. I entered the lobby which is very small that also contains the breakfast area. I asked the gentleman at the counter if they had a room available for the night and he replied "Yes". I then requested to see the room before checking to assure of the cleanliness of the room. He agreed and gave me a key but the tone in his voice changed to sounding a bit perturbed over it.

I entered the candidate room and to my surprise was impressed with the cleanliness of the bathroom, though small, for being such an old hotel property. I then went to the bed to check it. When I pulled the cover back the case in the pillow was filthy. The sheets has stains on them and were not fitted. Also very thin. I checked the other pillows and they appeared to be clean. I then took the pillow with the filthy case in hand, turned around, and he was standing there. The first thing he said was "what are you doing? Who's gonna make tha bed?". I replied "huh", and he then proceeded to state this phrase to me two more times with increasing volume to his voice. I looked at him and showed him the pillow case and was going to request a clean one and take the room. But he started yelling at me to "make the bed and he didn't care about the filthy pillow case.". After this I half [--] made the bed and walked over to him, handed him the key And walked out. He tried to block the doorway but he moved when he realized I was not going to stay. He then followed and was once again yelling at me to take the room now because I "un-made the bed" (pulled the bed spread back to expose the pillows and a bit of the bottom sheet) and I told him due to his attitude I would not. He then said " it is good enough for all these people so it good enough for you!" and I told him that they were looking for a "cheap place to stay". He then told me to "go pay $135 at the Hampton to stay" and I told him I would. He also claimed I was just "looking" at the room to use the bathroom since it occurs frequently. I told him to [--] off and left.

I would avoid this place like the plague. Horrible service. And yes, I did go to the Hampton!

• Stayed December 2011
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

We had a great stay, the breakfast was good, the room was great and the staff was really friendly. if you are traveling with a car, this is a great place to stay. The staff was very helpful with everything. The pool thou was in a bad location, but other from that we can absolutely recommend it!
Two swedish girls

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Logan, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

Hi ! guys i saty last month it's fantastic place in Jackson on i40, i was with my client . Rooms very good clean, most impotant things is the management guys is very fraindly . they help us lots. i prefferred again to stay this place & suggested to everyone if you plan to stay in jackson stay in this place.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Pocahontas, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

The room was terrible. Stood in 8 or more inches of water to take a shower because tub wouldn't drain, when complained they gave my husband a bottle of draino. Bathroom was nasty. Dirty, tub had a big black patch in it. Carpet had holes torn in it, Moth holes eaten in the curtains, air conditioning made a terrible noice. The bedding was gross. Dirty blanket, bedding smelled like body odor. This place is absolutely the worst!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010 via mobile

I found the coupon for this motel at the highway rest stop. Definitely one of the best roadside crash joints I have seen. Can't beat the $40, with tax price.
Front desk was nice enough, rooms were clean and the property is well maintained. The housekeepers were especially pleasant.

• Stayed September 2010

Been to Executive Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!