“Surprising” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 27 Hotels in Jackson
jackson
“Surprising”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

Dispite the bad reviews I had a comfortable stay. The room I stayed in was clean and the bed was comfortable. I especially liked the breakfast ,it wasnt much but I got full. The location of the hotel is perfect I was able to go to the lounge have a good time ,and then get something to eat with out driving far .
P.S. I recommend this hotel for anyone on a budget and want a safe place to lay their head.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
montverde
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2009

Worst experience ever. Rate advertised on sign was not available. No battery in the smoke/ fire alarm. Continental breakfast was NOTHING. We got no sleep with the ruckus from the bar behind the hotel and cars racing around there and peeling out until 5 a.m. AFTER we were assured by the desk clerk it was a "quiet" room. Non smoking room reeked of smoke and had dirty ashtray in room. Light in vanity area did not work. Toilet kept running. Prisioners receive better quality towels than what we were provided they were rough and stained. Horrible!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Dukedom, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2007

This was, by far, the worst hotel experience I have ever had in my entire life:
1.There were live cockroaches all over the sink area and in the refrigerator and microwave.
2. There was a crack in the door where you could see daylight...(room 151).
3.The room smelled really bad and the floor was very dirty.
4.The TV reception was so bad that you could only see 2 channels clear enough to watch.
5.The bathroom was nasty...the bathtub had mold in the corners and in the tile.
6.There was only 2 towels and washclothes ( for a double room).
7. The following day ( we had to stay that night because it was so late when we arrived, and we had booked the room 2 days in advance) they came into the room, took the towels, did not leave anymore, and did not clean the room or change or remake the beds.
8.When we called for towels, they told us we would have to come to the front and get them.
9.We asked to speak to the manager, he was, by convenience I'm sure, out of town and would not be returning until " around midnight or so."
10.We could not even set down at the table and eat for watching roaches crawl across the floor.
11.Needless to say, we left, and will not be returning there. They refused to give a refund.
12.Although, we will not be getting a refund, I will be contacting the Health department tommorow morning.So, if you read reviews about hotels before you book one, heed this warning, You would be well advised not to book a room at the Old Hickory Inn. If there was any rating less than zero, that would still be too good. One last piece of advice, DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CARSVUNLOCKED!!!

• Liked — absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — absolutely everything
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Jackson, TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2007

room 214

Awful! Double Queen Size Beds and They Both Had Smoking Holes in the Comforters and it Was a non Smoking Room. Bath Was Dirty. Toilet .... Disgusting. No Towels. No Bucket for Ice. No Remote to Tv. Ask Clerk for Towels She Replied That They Wouldn’t Have Any Til the next Morning Which I Was Checking out On. I'm Running 10 Minutes Late on Checking out Because of the Alarm Clock Does Not Work. For That Matter I Leave the Clean up Crew a Tip Just Because of Courtesy. So I Search Through My Things and I Find out That I Have Things Missing. I Called to the Hotel, Talked to the Clean up Crew..... They Said I Had Nothing in the Room but They Did Find Money Which Was in the Clean up Lady's Pocket.

I was robbed blind.

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — I ask for my things which were not return but yet took my money as a tip.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2006

room 141
Latch on door , part missing, did not feel safe
only 1 wash cloth 1 face towel, girl at desk should know and give extra!
no note paper
no refrigerator or micro which other motels their price have!
tree leaves behind door, when last time vaccumed?
need queen beds, smallest standard size ever saw.
Also sign said one price and when I inquired was told that was a week day price. Then change for the weekend as we stopped because of the price and were just to tired after a 16 hour day to go on.
Will not stay again! Travel this way twice a year.

Stayed October 2006
Clinton, MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2006

The front of the property and the grounds do not match what is behind the scenes at this hotel. The room I was assigned was poorly cleaned. The room's lighting was very bad, the TV was dusty and not functioning properly, i.e. green screen. The sheets and bed covers were not freshly laundered and in poor condition. Worst, the mattress (boxed springs) looked like they were brought in from the dump. The bath tub was missing the stopper, the curtains were dirty, the floor had water stains left on them. And if that wasn't enough, the sink was clogged. The corridors and walkways were in poor condition with water running from the ice machines and paint peeling in many places. When I went to request another room and to explain the condition of the room, the desk clerk was uninterested. He said that I could not change rooms. Only after I decided to check out did he offer another room. I examined the other room and it was not much better. Clearly this hotel does not ensure that the rooms are properly maintained. The staff is not trained to troubleshoot. I could not stay so I left the hotel and returned the next morning to officially checkout so that I could get the refund for the second night which I regret paying for in advance. No one asked for details about the problem of the room.

• Stayed July 2006

Been to Old Hickory Inn? Share your experiences!