“Gross” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 27 Hotels in Jackson
Houston, Texas, United States
“Gross”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Friendly front desk clerk, but the staff couldn't be bothered to turn on the ac to cool our room down after a 95 degree day prior to check in. We've had it on full blast for over an hour and can't cool down. Mold growing around the soap holder in the shower. My luggage won't even touch the furniture in here. No elevator that we could find - wish we would've known that before we booked an upstairs room. Large, greasy-looking stains on the top sheet. Mattress pad is a freaking BLANKET. HOT!!! Socks are black, in the room less than an hour. Crappy older tube television and blurry cable. There is no way I would've paid $50 plus fees for this room. Only booked due to $35 sale and still regretting it! Just choke up the extra $$ for one of the much better hotels in the area. Club is on downstairs level. We're sleeping with the arm chair in front of the door tonight!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

We found water didn't drain from tub/shower. During the night toilet plugged up from #1. Pillows did not smell clean. Did not want to walk on carpet in bare feet. Everything needs thorough cleaning and maybe rennovation as well.

• Stayed May 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

The room was okay. There was an alarm going off all night behind the inn. The room was very hot. The lady at the front acted like we were hassling her. I booked on a site for $32 but typed in the wrong date. When I asked if we could just change the dates she very bitterly told me it wasn't her problem because we booked online. She was also complaining to the girl behind us that she miscarried twins last year and was pregnant with twins now and was so over everything.

There is also a trashy bar connected to the inn... so all the drunk people stay at the inn.. makes for a rough time getting good sleep.

Room Tip: Another review said get a room in the back to avoid the noise from the road but that alarm was a lit...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Front desk service was OK but room was nasty. Everything was sticky, and the floor in the bathroom was slick...I nearly fell! Bathroom was dingy and in need of repair, water in tub didn't drain at all when I showered. Bed was hard and bedding was dingy and didn't feel clean. I had a blanket with me so I pulled the bed spread back and slept on top of their blankets covered by mine. Had to leave my shoes on, there was no way my feet (even in socks) were going to touch the carpeted floor!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

This hotel allows pets. The young lady at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. The rooms were OK, but I doubt if I stay there again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

I've read the other negative reviews about the filth and our room was a combination of them all. It was without a doubt the nastiest place I've ever been. I can't believe some of these reviewers actually ate the continental breakfast. Our room was so bad that neither of us would even shower there! We used bottled water to wash our faces and brush our teeth. We dried our faces and hands with paper towels we had in our car because the towels were dingy and it was very possible they had been used and not laundered. Honestly, how does this place stay open? We booked the room through Travelocity. This was our second negative hotel experience in Jackson TN. The other was at a Comfort Inn. We have decided to just avoid Jackson!

• Stayed February 2011
Mayfield, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

Lets start out by saying when i went to the room someone was coming out with a trash bag in their hand. Their was no cart outside so I assume they just made the bed and that was it. I had to leave the heat on all night and it barely got warm and the temp outside was in the 40's. The bed looked like it was broke in half with the right side sloped toward the floor. The tub and bathroom floor also had curly hair on it and their warm breakfast was cereal. That other guy who wrote the comment was lucky to get a doughnut. Will not stay again. Terrible place.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Old Hickory Inn? Share your experiences!