“Much needed sleep!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Jackson
Dallas, Texas
“Much needed sleep!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

We arrived road weary after driving all day. The front desk staff gave us a warm greeting and got us checked in quickly. The lobby was nice and well kept. We were pleasantly surprised by how nice the room was. The bed was super comfy with a true pillow top mattress. Morning breakfast is served till 10am and the choices were plentiful. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael L, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jackson, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
A T,

Thank you for taking time to leave such an outstanding review of our property!! It is always nice to hear when someone has an enjoyable stay with us, and I will share your kind words with the entire staff. If your travels ever bring you back to the area, please do not hesitate to contact me. I will be happy to help.

Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Nashville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Upon entering, we were greeted very warmly by the desk clerk and were given a room right away. The beds were exceptionally comfortable with plenty of pillows. The room was clean and inviting. The lobby is very neat, clean and warm. You can just relax with the newspaper or laptop if you don't want to stay in your room. The free breakfast in the morning was surprisingly good with a nice variety of items...from cold cereals and fruit to waffles, eggs and assorted pastries. The coffee was even good for hotel coffee. Would stay again and recommend.

Room Tip: Use your AAA or AARP card for additional discount or check Expedia for discounts
Babs1008,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased that your stay with us was an enjoyable one. I would also like to thank you for the extremely kind words about our property. We take a lot of pride in what we do, and it is reviews like yours that make it all worth it! Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything I may assist you with in the future.

Lexington, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We have stayed her several times and have really loved it. Did have a few issues this last time. While here, the power went out for somewhere around 6 hours, due to winter weather. This was not their fault, but I was surprised that they have no backup generator. The last motel we had stayed at lost power, but they had a generator that at least kept some lights on, as well as heat or air. I guess I just assumed that most places in the hospitality industry would have backup generators for the comfort and safety of their guests. They also may have been short on people since the front sidewalk seemed to have been cleared, but the sidewalk in the back where we parked stayed extremely icy.
Another issue was our credit card being charged 6 nights for a 2 nights stay. This added about $550 extra charges to our credit card. The charges eventually came off, but it did tie up a good chunk of our card until it was fixed.
One thing we always appreciate about this motel is the friendliness of their staff. This time was no exception. They were very friendly as always, and even had an ice scraper they were lending to people who didn't have one for their cars.
Overall we didn't have a bad stay and would consider staying here again in good weather. If there is the probability of bad weather during our stay next time we would probably seek out a hotel in the area that has backup power (if there are any around that do).
Overall I would recommend this motel, just a few things to keep in mind. In retrospect, it would have been nice to have some concessions for the issues we had, but I didn't push for any.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
HamptonJackson, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jackson, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
KWhiting73,

I truly apologize for the issues related to the power outage and billing that you experienced during your stay with us. I am glad to hear that the billing issue was resolved, but understand the inconvenience of additional funds being held on your card. I am pleased to hear that our staff has always been friendly during your stays over the years and hope to see you again the next time you are in the area!

Robert McKinnon
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

WOW! Can't say enough about the wonderful staff. James went out of his way to help me Thursday evening and Robert saved the day Friday morning with his vigilance of the lobby area; seeing & retrieving my purse I'd left. I'd certainly never stay anywhere else when in Jackson. My gratitude to a great staff.
Carol M

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Carol M,

I cannot thank you enough for such a great review of our hotel!! I will definitely be sharing your kind words with James, Robert, and our entire staff. We take a great deal of pride in guest service and when we receive reviews like yours it truly makes our day! Please contact me if there is anything I may help you with in the future.

Rockmart, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

If you're doing business or just traveling through Jackson, TN this hotel is highly recommended. The rooms are neat and clean with plenty of space to relax. The staff at the front desk are always friendly and have a great attitude. Their customer service is "Tops" in my opinion.

Room Tip: I usually request a room on the parking lot side, but all rooms are quite.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Greetings Scott R,

Thank you for your kind words about our property!! It always pleases me and our entire staff when we see great reviews like yours! I will share your kind words with all of our associates. Thank you again, and if there is anything I may assist you with in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Palm Harbor, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

The Hampton in Jackson, TN is a clean hotel and it is pet friendly. The beds were very comfy and the room was clean. It was easy to find the hotel because there was good signage and they are just off the interstate. The parking lot was well lit and we felt safe. The staff at the front desk was helpful and friendly. Breakfast was standard fare (waffle maker, sausage, fruit, oatmeal, dry cereal, yogurt, etc). The only complaint I would have is the scrambled eggs as they were not very good.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DMc_1982,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel!! Our number one priority here is guest service, so it always pleases me when I see that we have succeeded in that area. Please feel free to contact me if there is anything I may help you with in the future.

New Albany, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

This Hotel & Staff was great. Even though the power went out during my stay because of the weather,the staff made sure that we were all as comfortable as possible. I will be back soon. Be Blessed. I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Greetings Donald S,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our property. It truly pleases me that we were able to keep you comfortable during your stay, even with the loss of power. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything I may do for you in the future.

Guest Service Manager

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Jackson? Share your experiences!