“steak Plate Ripoff” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 186 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Steakhouse
“steak Plate Ripoff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I am a regular customer but I am real disappointed with their new steak plate? I ordered the Victoria filet after being told it was two 5 oz filets but when I got home it was one filet cut in half set on two 50 cent size potato cakes and 7 green beans. It looked cheap and no where near the value of their regular filet , salad and bake potato. There is only one reason this is on the menu and that is the profit must be twice as much. I did call the manager to voice my concern and he could have cared less. It is good I was not looking for compensation, because he never offered anything.! I have always thought of Outback as a good value but tonigh I feel ripped off!!

Visited May 2013

Jackson, Tennessee
“Ho Hum...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Too noisy, I felt rushed, too many kids to suit me also! L felt ;lke I was a number not a guest...who chooses where to spend my dollars based on positive experiences

Jackson, Tennessee
“Worth the price for good food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We visit Outback about once a month and the staff always is friendly and knowlegable. Well worth the money and the specials are very well priced. We will continue going there. Fridays are busy so just wait ..it is worth it...

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brownsville, Tennessee
“Its just your average Outback”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We visited for dinner. As usual it was very crowded. Hard to wait outside when people are smoking right out side of the door and not away from the entrance per State law. The hostess staff was disinterested in much going on and had seemed more interested in the lastest gossip than greating/seating guests. Thankfully our waiter was nice and professional. He was patient when we took a little longer than usual to make our food order. We shared the crawfish bites. My hubby loves their prime rib and as always it was cooked and seasoned to his liking. My chicken was cooked perfectly.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cedar Grove, Tennessee
“One of our favorite places!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Outback is pricey, but well worth the cost. The five of us all had petit filet mignon and baked potato, with a side salad. I have ordered their french onion soup in the past and it can't be beat! The steaks are cooked to perfection (each of us had ours cooked differently). The baked potatoes can't be imitated - I've tried. Great place to go!

Visited October 2012