“Pet friendly, but very dirty” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Jackson

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Jackson to your Saves list
Super 8 Jackson
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1940 Hwy 45 Bypass, I-40 exit #80-A, Jackson, TN 38305 (Formerly Motel 6 Jackson)   |
Ranked #10 of 26 hotels in Jackson
“Pet friendly, but very dirty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

My wife and I drove east coast to west coast because of a job transfer. We took our little dog with us. We booked this hotel because it was pet friendly and all we needed was a place to sleep until it was time to drive again. The man who checked us in that evening was one of the nicest hotel desk clerks I have ever met.

We were in room 115. The carpet was the dirtiest I have ever experienced in any hotel anywhere. I should mention that I stay in a lot of hotels--about 7 nights per month. It was evident that another animal had recently been in that room. Pet hair, and what looked like dried spit, was still on the floor. Hair, dirt, and dust was caked into every visible corner and edge around the walls.

Something had been wiped onto the walls in various areas. I cleaned some stuff myself with lysol spray. The towel rack in the bathroom was covered with some kind of black spots (mildew, mold?), which had turned the underside of the white towels a greenish color. We immediately got fresh towels and kept them off of the rack.

I asked my wife if she wanted to leave, but we decided to stick with it. She brought her own blanket in from the car to sleep on. I slept on the linens but avoided the comforter. It was obvious we were in a pet designated room that hadn't been cleaned from the last pet or even few pets. I don't know what the second level rooms are like but they may be a little bit nicer. I don't expect much from a budget hotel, but I do expect a fairly clean room. It was quiet at least.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
McMinnville, TN.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

Rate was good but bed was lumpy and look like it had been slept in. Pillow case was tisted on pillow like someone had already slept on it. Felt very unsafe and did not get much sleep. Would rather sleep in my truck than stay there. Did not have wash cloths.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Jackson? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Jackson

Address: 1940 Hwy 45 Bypass, I-40 exit #80-A, Jackson, TN 38305 (Formerly Motel 6 Jackson)
Location: United States > Tennessee > Jackson
Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Wheelchair access
Ranked #10 of 26 hotels in Jackson
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Jackson 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Super 8 Jackson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Super 8 Jackson, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.