“What a Disaster” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Tennessee
“What a Disaster”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2009

My husband and I had been to the Flatiron Grille several times in the past and had experienced above-average food, decent service, and a pleasant atmosphere, particularly for Jackson. We were eager to eat there on Valentine's Day and had arranged for a babysitter for the evening.

In the week leading up to Valentine's Day, I contacted the Flatiron Grille twice, once on the phone and once in person, to inquire about reservations. Both times I was told that the restaurant wasn't taking reservations but was taking call ahead seating.

At 6:00 on Valentine's Day evening, I called ahead. The woman who answered the phone stated that the wait was two hours, which coincided perfectly with my babysitter's arrival time, so I asked to have my name put on the list. She said that the manager had just told her that they were no longer taking call ahead seating.

So there I was. Valentine's night, babysitter arrangements made, and no place to go. Thankfully, we found a restaurant that had some seating available, but I will no longer be patronizing the Flatiron Grille since the owner, Frank Arcuri, obviously has no integrity at all.

memphis
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2008

We went last night and I had the pecan encrusted chicken, my husband had the filet mignon. Both were wonderful. For an upscale restaraunt, this one is worth the $$$.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“We love, love, love Flat...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2008

We love, love, love Flat Iron Grill! The Southwest Midori Chicken is superb. The Ceasar salad is huge and delicious.