“Decent” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Germantown, Tennessee
“Decent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We met friends here for dinner, and started with a Triple Treat Sampler appetizer. This included nachos, potato skins, and cheese sticks. The cheese sticks were not tender; the other things were average. My husband and I both had the Grilled Tilapia with Mango Salsa. It was served on rice and included two sides. The fish was very flavorful, as was the salsa. I chose the corn and green beans--both tasted like they came from a can. Our server did a good job of checking back with us and filling our beverages. The atmosphere was nice, and the booth seated the four of us comfortably.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

three way tn
“tender food tough traffic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

in the busiest part of town but great value and decent service most of the time.
Highly recommend the fish tacos.
Food is plentiful.
Restaurant deserves a high rating for sure

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Trezevant, Tennessee, United States
“Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

The last time we ate there it was so so but it's usually really great!! The service is usually really good when we go.

Visited December 2012
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

We ate here with a large family group of 12. We were stuffed into a table only large enough for 10 which made us more than a little cramped. Service was ok but a little slow. Food was ok, it was chicken so hard to mess that up. I did think that it was a liitle high considering what it was. I don't think I will eat here again, expecially when I could make the same thing at home for more than half the price and with elbow room to spare.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
small town, Tennessee
“One of my favorites!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Cheddars is one of my top 3 favorites in Jackson. Longhorn and Cracker Barrel are my other 2. And which one is #1 to me depends on basically what I am in the mood for at the time. We had some shopping to do the day after Christamas and my hubby took me to lunch at Cheddars after us finding Cracker Barrel too busy. I love the food at Cheddars but wish there was just a little more options on the menu. The service was excellent. As I was in the mood for vegetables, I chose the vegetable plate. What I liked: (1) broccoli , green beans, and potatoes were all very delicious. (2) Price is very reasonable for this menu selection. What I did not like was: (1) neither my husband or I ate our croissants. They are sweet and greasy and are not worth the "guilt" of eating something so unhealthy. . We would much more prefer bread, rolls, or even a choice of cornbread. And I bet if customers were surveyed, the majority would agree (especially being in the south) (2) Instead of including a salad or soup with your vegetable selections, I would prefer this to be an option-maybe listed as a choice. I would much rather have had another vegetable as an option. Also I would like to see maybe 1 or 2 more vegetables offered in the selections , as most are potatoes or starchy choices. My husband ordered the pot pie and said it was good. Again the price was very reasonalbe for his choice, too. (Being seniors we are price conscious. We would also like to see a senior menu or discount offered) But, all in all, Cheddars is a hit with great service, good food, and reasonably priced menu. Tip: Even the the parking lot looks full (which it usually does), don't let that stop you from stopping. They obviously have a large seating capacity. We have never had to wait.

• Visited December 2012