“Liked it better when it was a Microtel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   220 Vann Drive, Jackson, TN 38305 (Formerly Microtel Inn And Suites Jackson)   |
Ranked #24 of 27 hotels in Jackson
Moores Hill
“Liked it better when it was a Microtel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

If you just want a place to sleep for a night then this might fill the bill. The room was clean, but smelled of smoke even though it was a non-smoking room. The price was ok but the rug as it came up to the door was thread bear. The paint job was left something to be desired. There were lots of nicks in the paint. I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Take a room on the far side of the hotel. The rooms that face the Interstate are really noisy.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Red Oak, Texas, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

After a 10 hr. drive we got a room at America's Best Value only to have a small dog start barking and scratching the adjoining door. The dog was unattended, so we asked for another room.
The second room did not have a toggle to turn on the shower>......so again we asked for another room.....finally was able to shower and sleep. It is evident that this hotel is poor and allowing customers to let their animals stay in a room unattended is ridiculous and the policy should be changed.....if you want to travel with your pet, then STAY with your pet and keep it under control....hotel rooms are for adults and not dogs unattended. This hotel needs updating BAD!!!
To be given a room that you can't turn on the shower is ridiculous.....pass this place up because it is not worth staying at. Also the breakfast is so poor, go to Waffle House.

Room Tip: Pass this place up....go somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

We come to Jackson twice a year for soccer tournaments. We started staying here when this was a Microtel. The new owners took over earlier this year. We paid about $40, which is a great rate. The staff is friendly. The hotel is convenient to the interstate and within a mile of a number of restaurants, there is even a Cracker Barrell next door. The rooms are a decent size, nothing fancy. Really quiet, did not hear any noise from the neighbors or from hallway traffic. I do think the rooms are in need of a little update. We had a non-smoking room, but there was a stake odor in the room. It looks like the walls have been painted recently, but the carpet was torn where the room meets the hallway, the tile was cracked in the bathroom, and the shower curtain was dirty. I will have to say the shower had plenty of hot water and a good shower head. The bath towels are tiny, though. The vending machines on our floor did not work. I realize that the hotel has an inexpensive rate, but I hope that the new owners do make a little investment in improving the hotel. Otherwise we will have to find a new place to stay in Jackson. We have referred this hotel to several people, some of who are staying this weekend. Would like to continue to refer, but will have to hope for some improvements.

• Stayed August 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

This motel has large clean rooms, the beds are VERY comfortable, and the guy who checked us in was very accommodating! Only complaint I had was no flat screen tvs. Motel is located very conveniently to lots of things, and is in a nice area. We will definately stay again when driving through!

• Stayed July 2012
Vinay P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear Dixiechiklet,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms and comfortable beds. If you should return to Jackson, we would love the opportunity to serve you.

Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

If I could rate it lower than a one I would do so because my overnight stay was one of the worst hotel experiences of my life. The rooms were filthy, there is no free breakfast, the floors were black & I am amazed that I didn't have bedbugs. Do yourself a favor, sleep in your car before ever staying at America's Best Value in Jackson. There are probably other nice ABVs but it isn't the one in Jackson & come to think of it, the bedbugs stayed away because it was so nasty.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Wendy K,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. I am concerned about the issues you encountered during your stay. Please know that all complaints will be further investigated and the appropriate action taken. We have recently hired new housekeeping staff. Please contact me directly for a discount on a future stay.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

Honestly, I can't put it into words of how truly disgusted I was staying here even for one night. If I wasn't in a city that was foreign to me I would have just left. The room is yes small it's a sleeper room that is what is to be expected. What was unexpected was the fact that the mattress was flipped over on to the spring side because someone had spilled coffee all on the pillow top side, they had not even change the sheets!!! Coffee stains all over!! The carpet was beat up ripped stained and had red nail polish stains everywhere. I can only speculate that it is nail polish. Overall I wouldn't even let someone I hate stay there. They need to learn how to sanitize.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear pierreadventures,

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to share a review with us. It is customers like you who tell us what we are doing right, and what we are doing wrong. I am sorry about the negative experience you encountered during your stay. We have recently hired and trained all new housekeepers. Please call me directly for a discount on a future stay.

socarolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

After reading the mixed reviews, I didn't want to stay here, but I was really needing a place to stay, and it looked new and nice on the outside. The lobby is very attractive. However, I asked to see the room before I would commit. I thought it looked fine. The desk clerk, a young African American woman, was TERRIFIC. She did everything to be helpful.
It cost about $40 and it had everything I needed in the room: blow dryer, coffee maker and coffee, good TV with everything working, comfortable bed, good AC, clean and nice bathroom, attractive decor, lots of good lighting options. I think there was even a clock radio.
There was a luggage trolley in the foyer, and an elevator. I stayed on the second floor on the front, and could see my car. The only thing I did not like was there was a LOT of noise from the Interstate.
The breakfast was just a couple of kinds of cereal, milk, and juice, as far as I could tell. Maybe some pastries. I went a few blocks over and got McDonalds. The morning desk person was also very pleasant.
I wanted to stay there on my return trip, heading East, but decided to push on past Nashville and ended up staying at the same chain at Hermitage, just east of Nashville. IT was AWFUL.

Room Tip: I would suggest the back side, away from the freeway.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dear socarolina,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to post a review. I appreciate knowing that you enjoyed our comfortable bed, good AC, clean and nice bathroom, attractive decor, and good lighting options. If you ever return to the area, we would like to have you as our guest.

Americas Best Value Inn and Suites-Jackson, TN

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!