“Restful Night” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Columbus, Ohio
“Restful Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Traveling back to Ohio from Texas we stayed at the DoubleTree Hotel in Jackson, TN. Check in was quick, the room was great, with a particularly comfortable bed, and check out was fast and easy. The hotel is very easy access to the interstate and had ample parking.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Jackson, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Overall a good experience with excellent amenities and the concierge lounge was fantastic. The staff were friendly and helpful, the service was prompt and took care of my needs. I would recommend this hotel to anyone in the Jackson area.

Lafayette, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Hotel is in a great location for Union University and doesn't get traffic noise from interstate. Beds are quite comfortable. Great shower. The heat and a/c unit was noisy when running. It was also difficult to regulate the temperature of the room.

Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

This Doubletree is a rebranded property within an older hotel but it does not lack any of the standard Doubletree amenities that you would expect. I was greeted with a smile and a war delicious Doubletree cookie as always.
The rooms also appear to have been recently refreshed and were comfortable for the 2 nights that I spent here.
There are several local dining and happy hour choices within easy walking distance of the hotel and there is also Twist which is a dining romm / lounge on property.
This is the only property that I have stayed at in Jackson so I do not have a benchmark to compare it against but I cetainly would not hesistate to book here again if in the area.

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Accommodations were excellent - everything sleeping-wise was perfect and fluffy. The staff were very helpful too. The hotel is situated where you have access to many restaurants and is within a few minutes of Casey Jones Village. We were debating whether to stay in a lesser-priced hotel across the street but decided to spring for the extra $$ for Doubletree. We don't regret it at all.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Jackson, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Stayed at the Double Tree in Jackson, TN overnight on business. The room was great, quiet and spacious. Eat in the hotel and was very pleased with the service and the food. Good quality food for a good price. Really liked the warm cookie I received when I arrived.

Miami Gardens, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

It is midnight and my day starts early so I'm going to be as brief as possible. I only write reviews when individuals/facilities go above and beyond and when things are neglected. It appears that this Hilton chain hotel has been neglected. My reasons are as follows:
a. When I wipe off the bathroom counter, my wet wipe is dirty - and not just dust. I could feel the grit of the "dirt" underneath as I wipe. I bent down to put something in the garbage can underneath the sink and saw garbage on the floor that I did not place there.
b. I roll back my covers to get into bed and find a nice blatant "water" stain on my sheet.
c. I look up at my pillow cases and they are stained in places as well.
d. My sister did the same with her bed and the findings were similar.
e. My sister went out to the front desk to get an extra sheet and it took >10 minutes - she had to go back out there.
f. When we both went out to speak with the night auditor, she was not very service oriented. She gave us the feeling that we were interrupting her. I understand that she has to close out the day, etc, however, a part of her duties include being a front desk clerk as well. When I mentioned the "water" mark to her, she stated that it was from leakage from the roof. Really?? Seriously?? If the roof was leaking, why were the sheets not changed when everything else was apparently cleaned??? After discussing my findings with her, she looked up my information in her computer and with an air of superiority she asked, "You live in Martin, right?" FYI, Martin is a country town an hour away. She gave us the feeling as though what she wanted to say was, "You live in Martin/the country. You should be used to this."
g. Did I mention the broken window. FYI, it's 34 degrees outside.
I'm a Hilton Honors Diamond Tier member because I travel tremendously. I will be coming back and forth to Jackson, TN for the next month or so. This is my second stay at a DoubleTree; my choices of Hilton brand hotels were the DoubleTree or the Hampton Inn. I'm not sure I made the correct choice. To think, the night auditor never even tried to get us to change rooms. I subscribe to the idea of brand loyalty....Apple, BMW, Coach, Starbucks, US Airways, Hilton Hotels - wait a minute, that last one is on shaky ground.....

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
LeighAnn D, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jackson, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. I will personally investigate the situation. Here at the Doubletree Jackson we strive to exceed the expectations of our guests. Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jackson? Share your experiences!