“Nice peoplee, Nice Place!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Jackson
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Nice peoplee, Nice Place!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I would stay their any time. Very helpful staff and and real clean! The motel was in a good area of town. There was alot to do around that area and we enjoyed ourselfs very much. If your ever in this area stay here!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Gun Barrel City, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the DoubleTree in Jackson, TN. Great place, great room! Location very convenient to the Interstate and many restaurants. The weather was nasty so we ate in their dining room and had a very good meal--better than average for a hotel restaurant.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
DoubleTreeJackson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jackson, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as well. I’m happy you enjoyed your dining experience; I’ll let the staff know. You are always welcome back at the DoubleTree by Hilton Jackson.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed one night during a road trip and arrived late. After checking in and going up to our room, we decided to return to the lobby and use the internet services. Even though our room appeared to be clean and comfortable, the elevator and lobby were another story. The elevator needed to be swept and the main lobby floor was dirty. It did not appear this was dirt from one night's worth of traffic. Mopping a floor doesn't take a lot of time and makes all of the difference in the world for a first impression. The staff was nice. Based on experience, this particular Doubletree was below average of what this chain strives to uphold.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for choosing out property during your road trip. It is always our wish that our guests have the best experience possible, I’m sorry to hear you didn’t feel this way. I appreciate the feedback and for bringing the cleanliness issue to our attention. The staff will be made aware and we will make sure this does not happen again in the future. You are always welcome back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Jackson; I hope we have a chance to prove again to you that we do strive for excellence.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed here for one night during a cross country road trip with a friend. This is an older building, but well maintained and still showing some signs of its former glory.

Our room was spacious, clean, updated and well appointed with modern decor. The bed was comfortable, per usual Doubletree standard. The room was pretty spacious, had a large flat screen TV, desk and office chair, and a comfortable sitting chair with an oversized ottoman. There was plenty of free parking, which is always unexpected and welcome for someone from Los Angeles, like myself.

As a Hilton HHonors Gold member, my guest and I were given complimentary access to the American breakfast buffet upstairs on the executive floor, which was excellent, and staffed by a very sweet lady. It was stocked with good coffee, plenty of hot food, breads and muffins, cereal, and bottled juice, sodas, and milk. Great provisions for anyone with a long drive ahead of them! There was also a happy hour reception with snacks and drinks in the afternoon in the same room, however I had to hit the road so I was unable to try it. Nice offering, though! Overall a very comfortable stay and I would return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
DoubleTreeJackson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jackson, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

It is always our hope that each guest has the best experience possible, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in Jackson. We appreciate your review; it's nice to hear feedback. You are always welcome back!

Portola Hills, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here a couple of nights ~ Never again! Hotel was super expensive for the value and specially for the area. Yes... you do receive a warm cookie... Big deal when the hotel staff is not helpful and professional if you experience a problem. Stay somewhere else if you can

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel. Internet does not even work
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DoubleTreeJackson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jackson, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We’ve addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area; you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed 1 night with a High State Executive and his staff. The Hotel staff was professional and kind. My room key didnt work ( which happens alot with large groups) and they re-programmed the key and sent a staff member with me to ensure my entry to my room. I didnt use the pool, but it was full of guests as I passed by. Breakfast was allittle pricey but good. My room was on the second floor facing the front of the hotel and was very quiet and cozy. Reccommend to anyone that wants to be pampered and wants a good nights sleep. Hotel is a bit secluded. You can still walk 10 minutes to a Donut shop or fast food. StarBucks is a 15 minute drive away...:(

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
DoubleTreeJackson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jackson, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for staying at our property and thank you for your review. I apologize for the key issues, I’m happy that we were able to handle it for you. Our staff wants each guest to have the best stay possible! There’s a Starbucks 1.2 miles from the hotel, it’s no more than a five minute drive. Come stay with us and allow us to pamper you again, you are always welcome at the DoubleTree by Hilton Jackson!

Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for four nights in room 112. This room is located on a hallway immediately behind the front desk and office. For the first three nights I heard loud banging noises at all hours of the night. I couldn't figure it out but guessed it was guests slamming doors. It was annoying to say the least.

The last night of my stay, I literally stood in the hallway until I heard the noise and saw that it was a staff member leaving the office and allowing the office door to bang closed. My room was probably half way down the hall and I could easily hear that sound with my door closed.

I called the front office to report this. The manager informed me that he'd asked his staff numerous times to close the door quietly. He seem upset that they weren't following his instructions. I asked why he simply didn't get the door fixed so it wouldn't bang. He had no answer.

I've stayed at this hotel before and probably will again, but I will never again accept a room in that area. I can compliment the hotel on having a really good breakfast buffet with lots of choices. My room was quite nicely appointed and everything worked well. The location is great. But beware of those first floor rooms - at least until that door is fixed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
DoubleTreeJackson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jackson, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate your feedback. It is our hope that you have the best stay possible; it is unfortunate to hear that you did not. I’m addressing the issue with my staff, thank you for bringing it to our attention. I apologize that you had to deal with this issue throughout your stay here. We appreciate your loyalty; please give us the chance to better serve you in the future.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jackson? Share your experiences!