“Friendly staff, well appointed rooms, great HHonors executive perks.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jackson

Special Offer
Book now & save 20%
Ranked #6 of 26 hotels in Jackson
Los Angeles, California
“Friendly staff, well appointed rooms, great HHonors executive perks.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed here for one night during a cross country road trip with a friend. This is an older building, but well maintained and still showing some signs of its former glory.

Our room was spacious, clean, updated and well appointed with modern decor. The bed was comfortable, per usual Doubletree standard. The room was pretty spacious, had a large flat screen TV, desk and office chair, and a comfortable sitting chair with an oversized ottoman. There was plenty of free parking, which is always unexpected and welcome for someone from Los Angeles, like myself.

As a Hilton HHonors Gold member, my guest and I were given complimentary access to the American breakfast buffet upstairs on the executive floor, which was excellent, and staffed by a very sweet lady. It was stocked with good coffee, plenty of hot food, breads and muffins, cereal, and bottled juice, sodas, and milk. Great provisions for anyone with a long drive ahead of them! There was also a happy hour reception with snacks and drinks in the afternoon in the same room, however I had to hit the road so I was unable to try it. Nice offering, though! Overall a very comfortable stay and I would return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
DoubleTreeJackson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jackson, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

It is always our hope that each guest has the best experience possible, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in Jackson. We appreciate your review; it's nice to hear feedback. You are always welcome back!

318 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Portola Hills, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here a couple of nights ~ Never again! Hotel was super expensive for the value and specially for the area. Yes... you do receive a warm cookie... Big deal when the hotel staff is not helpful and professional if you experience a problem. Stay somewhere else if you can

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel. Internet does not even work
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DoubleTreeJackson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jackson, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We’ve addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area; you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed 1 night with a High State Executive and his staff. The Hotel staff was professional and kind. My room key didnt work ( which happens alot with large groups) and they re-programmed the key and sent a staff member with me to ensure my entry to my room. I didnt use the pool, but it was full of guests as I passed by. Breakfast was allittle pricey but good. My room was on the second floor facing the front of the hotel and was very quiet and cozy. Reccommend to anyone that wants to be pampered and wants a good nights sleep. Hotel is a bit secluded. You can still walk 10 minutes to a Donut shop or fast food. StarBucks is a 15 minute drive away...:(

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
DoubleTreeJackson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jackson, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for staying at our property and thank you for your review. I apologize for the key issues, I’m happy that we were able to handle it for you. Our staff wants each guest to have the best stay possible! There’s a Starbucks 1.2 miles from the hotel, it’s no more than a five minute drive. Come stay with us and allow us to pamper you again, you are always welcome at the DoubleTree by Hilton Jackson!

Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for four nights in room 112. This room is located on a hallway immediately behind the front desk and office. For the first three nights I heard loud banging noises at all hours of the night. I couldn't figure it out but guessed it was guests slamming doors. It was annoying to say the least.

The last night of my stay, I literally stood in the hallway until I heard the noise and saw that it was a staff member leaving the office and allowing the office door to bang closed. My room was probably half way down the hall and I could easily hear that sound with my door closed.

I called the front office to report this. The manager informed me that he'd asked his staff numerous times to close the door quietly. He seem upset that they weren't following his instructions. I asked why he simply didn't get the door fixed so it wouldn't bang. He had no answer.

I've stayed at this hotel before and probably will again, but I will never again accept a room in that area. I can compliment the hotel on having a really good breakfast buffet with lots of choices. My room was quite nicely appointed and everything worked well. The location is great. But beware of those first floor rooms - at least until that door is fixed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
DoubleTreeJackson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jackson, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate your feedback. It is our hope that you have the best stay possible; it is unfortunate to hear that you did not. I’m addressing the issue with my staff, thank you for bringing it to our attention. I apologize that you had to deal with this issue throughout your stay here. We appreciate your loyalty; please give us the chance to better serve you in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I chose this hotel specifically because the indoor/outdoor pool looked like it would be great fun for my 10 year old niece who was travelling with me. I am very frequent traveller and a pool industry professional, and I have to say this was one of the worst pools I have seen in my recent years of travel. The water was extremely hazy during our visit, and there was a great deal of sand in the bottom of the pool, which indicates that there is a broken lateral in the sand filter which likely was responsible for both the haze and the sand. We arrived at the start of Labor Day Weekend, and it was obvious that this filter problem had been an issue for awhile. There was also an unsightly oily film on the surface of the indoor section of the pool. The skimmer which should remove surface residue is not positioned correctly to allow it to work properly. Due to the poor condition of the pool, I did not allow my niece to swim....which was a major disappointment to all of us. Agree with the other reviewers who noted funky smell in the room at times.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
DoubleTreeJackson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jackson, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for staying with us this Labor Day Weekend. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was helpful and attentive. We appreciate your feedback about our pools. We’ve shared your comments with our maintenance team who have since been able to fix the issue, but we’re very sorry that it wasn't resolved sooner. We are currently looking into updating our pool’s filtration systems and hope this prevents any additional issues. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Although we called day of travel, pool supposedly open but could not use. We asked front desk and they said we could use it but couldnt even see the second step and green.Also was told breakfast included but after receiving our vouchers, they said we were not supposed to get them and took them back. As a frequent traveler, 127 nights this year already, I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't go to this location.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
DoubleTreeJackson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jackson, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service and amenities. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Unfortunately our pool was undergoing maintenance at the time of your visit and you should have been made aware when you called in. The issue you experienced with the breakfast voucher concerns me. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, the tournament director made a slight error and tried to fix it the second day. However, we were able to charge the lower rate that was posted online. Please know that we’ve addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This is an older building, but the rooms are nicely appointed and the bed was comfortable. The room was clean and the staff friendly. Our room was spacious. The property is close to shopping in Jackson (Vann drive) and there are a number of restaurants about 1 mile from the hotel on the north side of interstate 40.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
DoubleTreeJackson, Executive Assistant/Sales Coordinator at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jackson, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for your review, we appreciate your kind thoughts. We want every guest experience to be enjoyable! Come and stay with us again, you are always welcome at the DoubleTree by Hilton Jackson.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jackson? Share your experiences!