“Rooms on first floor very noisy” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now & save 20%
Ranked #6 of 26 hotels in Jackson
Kansas
“Rooms on first floor very noisy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for four nights in room 112. This room is located on a hallway immediately behind the front desk and office. For the first three nights I heard loud banging noises at all hours of the night. I couldn't figure it out but guessed it was guests slamming doors. It was annoying to say the least.

The last night of my stay, I literally stood in the hallway until I heard the noise and saw that it was a staff member leaving the office and allowing the office door to bang closed. My room was probably half way down the hall and I could easily hear that sound with my door closed.

I called the front office to report this. The manager informed me that he'd asked his staff numerous times to close the door quietly. He seem upset that they weren't following his instructions. I asked why he simply didn't get the door fixed so it wouldn't bang. He had no answer.

I've stayed at this hotel before and probably will again, but I will never again accept a room in that area. I can compliment the hotel on having a really good breakfast buffet with lots of choices. My room was quite nicely appointed and everything worked well. The location is great. But beware of those first floor rooms - at least until that door is fixed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
DoubleTreeJackson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jackson, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate your feedback. It is our hope that you have the best stay possible; it is unfortunate to hear that you did not. I’m addressing the issue with my staff, thank you for bringing it to our attention. I apologize that you had to deal with this issue throughout your stay here. We appreciate your loyalty; please give us the chance to better serve you in the future.

335 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I chose this hotel specifically because the indoor/outdoor pool looked like it would be great fun for my 10 year old niece who was travelling with me. I am very frequent traveller and a pool industry professional, and I have to say this was one of the worst pools I have seen in my recent years of travel. The water was extremely hazy during our visit, and there was a great deal of sand in the bottom of the pool, which indicates that there is a broken lateral in the sand filter which likely was responsible for both the haze and the sand. We arrived at the start of Labor Day Weekend, and it was obvious that this filter problem had been an issue for awhile. There was also an unsightly oily film on the surface of the indoor section of the pool. The skimmer which should remove surface residue is not positioned correctly to allow it to work properly. Due to the poor condition of the pool, I did not allow my niece to swim....which was a major disappointment to all of us. Agree with the other reviewers who noted funky smell in the room at times.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
DoubleTreeJackson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jackson, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for staying with us this Labor Day Weekend. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was helpful and attentive. We appreciate your feedback about our pools. We’ve shared your comments with our maintenance team who have since been able to fix the issue, but we’re very sorry that it wasn't resolved sooner. We are currently looking into updating our pool’s filtration systems and hope this prevents any additional issues. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Although we called day of travel, pool supposedly open but could not use. We asked front desk and they said we could use it but couldnt even see the second step and green.Also was told breakfast included but after receiving our vouchers, they said we were not supposed to get them and took them back. As a frequent traveler, 127 nights this year already, I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't go to this location.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
DoubleTreeJackson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jackson, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service and amenities. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Unfortunately our pool was undergoing maintenance at the time of your visit and you should have been made aware when you called in. The issue you experienced with the breakfast voucher concerns me. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, the tournament director made a slight error and tried to fix it the second day. However, we were able to charge the lower rate that was posted online. Please know that we’ve addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This is an older building, but the rooms are nicely appointed and the bed was comfortable. The room was clean and the staff friendly. Our room was spacious. The property is close to shopping in Jackson (Vann drive) and there are a number of restaurants about 1 mile from the hotel on the north side of interstate 40.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
DoubleTreeJackson, Executive Assistant/Sales Coordinator at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jackson, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for your review, we appreciate your kind thoughts. We want every guest experience to be enjoyable! Come and stay with us again, you are always welcome at the DoubleTree by Hilton Jackson.
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I recently stayed at the DoubleTree for business. Many of my co-workers stay here on a normal basis.

The first trip was pleasant - the man working at the front desk was very nice. The room was clean but had a funky smell to it.

The second trip was okay - the woman at the front desk was less than friendly. However, again, the room was clean and cool.

I gave this hotel 3 three stars for the simple fact that the rooms were always clean & that it's conveniently located.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
DoubleTreeJackson, Sales Coordinator/Executive Assistant at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jackson, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
We appreciate you and your coworkers staying with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Jackson. We also appreciate your helpful feedback. It’s disappointing to hear that you didn’t feel our Front Desk team member was friendly. It is important that all of our guest feel welcomed and at home when they are with us. Thanks for informing us of this issue. Please give us a chance to better serve you in the future!
Englewood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

hotel was at max capacity yet it was keep clean and neat. the staff from the front desk to the maids were excellant. resturant staff was great you can not go wrong staying here. agian i must say this is one of the top 5 hotels i have stayed at

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
DoubleTreeJackson, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jackson, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Jackson, and thanks you for taking time to write a review. We appreciate your positive words! We have a standard of excellence for our staff, thank you for recognizing our team members. We hope you visit our property again, you are always welcome!
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My family & I stayed overnight for our parent's 50th wedding anniversary celebration. I booked our room directly on their website. They offered a special rate of $99 for a conceirge level room. We received free goodies and free breakfast - which was delicious. Our room was spacious and very clean. We are accustomed to staying at resorts with 2 bedrooms & full kitchens because we love having room for the kids to run around. The kids didn't even mind having less space. It was just very comfortable and inviting. Loved the beds!

I checked trip advisor and this was the number 1 rated hotel in Jackson, TN. I see why. The service was impeccable and they far exceeded my expectations. The warm cookies were a nice touch as well. All of their staff went above and beyond which made everything even nicer.

We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Reserve your room on the conceirge level if possible. Free breakfast is included.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Executive Assistant/Sales Coordinator at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jackson, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

It's nice to hear encouraging comments, we take pride in our repuation and we are happy that we can live up to it. I'm glad to hear that you and your family all felt comfortable and satisfied with the room. We strive to provide our guest with the best experience possible, you and your family are always welcome to stay with us again in Jackson. We'll keep the cookies coming!

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jackson? Share your experiences!