“Keep driving” 1 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2370 North Highland, Jackson, TN 38305   |
Ranked #15 of 26 hotels in Jackson
“Keep driving”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

This place is ruining the reputation of La Quinta chain. If you have a choice, keep driving to find a nicer place to stay. I was traveling with dogs and already 10h in the car and just wanted to get some rest. The front desk employee (working on Mon evening) was super unprofessional and, being in the hospitality industry myself, she would be fired on the spot if she was working for me. The room was dirty, especially the carpet. Linens didn't feel fresh either. Breakfast in the morning was a joke with a coffee that tasted like instant. Keep driving. I'm not too picky and travel a lot but for over $100 for the deluxe room I expected all the basics to be covered.

• Stayed September 2013

175 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on 9-17-13 and was shocked that this hotel was so dirty! It is not at all a standard of any La Quinta hotels we have ever stayed at. We travel with 2 small dogs and upon entering our room the first thing we noticed the smell! The room stunk! There were stains all over the carpet and on the side chair and ottoman. As it was late when we arrived we had no choice but to stay here. The next morning when we went down to breakfast the attendant was eating and visiting with one of the maids who was also eating, later the front desk clerk and manager came in to eat as well. During my breakfast I counted 6 employees enjoying their breakfast - I have never seen this happen before. The food budget is going to staff! The only thing good about breakfast was the sausage gravy, the biscuits were the normal hard rolls but the gravy helped them. Upon coming down from our room when the elevator door opened there was a maid cart directly in front of where you had to step out into hallway and the maid was on a personal call not far away! We do not recommend this hotel as it is not a standard for La Quinta's.

Room Tip: None at this location until it is cleaned up!
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We have stayed here several times on our way to and our way home from Dallas. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Very comfortable beds and fantastic towels!! They are soft and big. The room was clean and quiet.
Did not utilize the free breakfast.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We always stay at La Quintas because we usually travel with our dogs, but this time they stayed home. This LaQuinta is off the road and has a large yard for those with dogs. There's an infoor pool. The breakfast was a little disappointing. I had planned on having some toast, but there was no bread. I couldn't find liquid coffee creamer and settled for the powdered stuff. Whoever was supposed to be supervising breakfast wasn't quite on the ball as things ran out and didn't get refilled quickly.

When I went into our bathroom, I found a towel handing on the back of the bathroom door and asked my husband if he had taken his shower already. He answered no. I hadn't showered yet either, so this wasn't our towel hanging there. An obvious miss by the housekeeping staff, which is not acceptable.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stay at LQ Inns and Suites all the time and will continue to do so, but not this one.

Upon reserving the room online an hour beforehand my wife and I arrived about 10pm after an 8 hour drive from Atlanta, GA.
The clerk at the front desk had to get up from her TV watching seat and walk around the desk to check me in....and seemed VERY put out by that. Now granted it's the night shift but no 'welcome' or 'thank you' so I felt so sorry I'd put her out with my request for service.
The room was clean, but the air was stale even though the a/c was already on. There was a hole (looked like mold) in the ceiling above the shower but after a long drive we were just ready to crash.
However I had to make a trip to the car for something and as it was late I just took the stairs.
In the stairwell I found a gentleman who 'appeared' to be an employee clipping his toenails.
After he saw me he got up to let me pass and I had to barefoot it through his clippings - yuck!
I informed the receptionist on my way out who said 'he'd ran off' but the next morning the clippings were still there so clearly it wasn't much of a concern.
Staff sitting right outside the front door smoking really made my morning though as I took our bags out to the car so it was a swift breakfast (no complaints there) and we were gone.

It was a last minute booking as there were no other LQ's unless we drove onto Memphis or went back to Nashville but I'll be sure to schedule my trip better to avoid this one, sorry.

Room Tip: Our room in the morning was creaking something fierce...but avoid the stairwell if staff are still c...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Jacksonville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here because my uncle was also staying here with his two big dogs. We were happy with it. Room was clean, bed was comfortable, towels were soft. Hotel stayed quiet at night (we were on first floor), but the font desk always seemed too busy and short-staffed during the day. There was a breakfast, but it was very barebones and nothing appeared to get refilled as the morning went on. Definitely an early bird gets the worm kind of breakfast. My uncle was up on the third floor in the pet area. It smelled smoky up there, even in non-smoking rooms. Those sensitive to smoke smell and planning to stay with their pooch, might want to check the room carefully before accepting it. There is a huge shady lawn on which to walk the dogs and for exercise dogs can go on a loop through some nearby businesses (before/after business hours). Down on the first floor we were barely aware that there were dogs staying in the hotel.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
PAINESVILLE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

I have been frequently driving this route to go to Dallas , TX. Jackson is a convenient place to stop by overnight. I had stayed at this place three times now and they have been consistent. The hotel is located off I40 and it is close to many restaurant. Generally, the place is quite and as far as I have experienced, safe. Priceline has good pricing for this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Jackson? Share your experiences!