“Excellent hotel and friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Jackson
Alabama
“Excellent hotel and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Visited Jackson, TN, for the Caravan of Stars concert on Oct 20, 2012, and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. The hotel is fairly new, very clean, and nicely decorated. The staff was very friendly and solicitous with a warm, sincere attitude. Every staff memeber we met or passed in the hall was friendly and asked if we needed anything. The lady who checked us in was just getting off her shift but chatted with us about the upcoming concert and gave excellent directions to parking at the Civic Center. She remembered us the next morning as we were checking out and asked if we enjoyed the concert. The bed was comfortable, air conditioning worked fine, and the hot breakfast was better than I have had at other hotels. We will definitely stay here again if we return for next year's Caravan of Stars concert.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HIEGM38305, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jackson Northeast, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Let me say thank you for taking time to share your Holiday Inn Express experience with us and others who visit TripAdvisor. We are delighted that we exceeded your expectations! It's good to know that you enjoyed your visit, even though Billy Joe Royal didn't make the concert. We are proud of our facility and our staff. I'm glad to know that everyone greeted you with a smile and friendly offers of assistance. I agree with you that we do have a delicious hot breakfast. Hopefully you will return next year for the Caravan of Stars and we'll have the pleasure of your company again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
McKinney, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is a new hotel just off the interstate. It has a few construction problems (the sink in our bathroom was cracked) but they are working on resolutions. Breakfast really was much better than most Express'.

Room Tip: The hotel sits just far enough off of the interstate and adjoining roads that traffic sounds are non...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HIEGM38305, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jackson Northeast, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for your review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and our breakfast! We try to provide our guests with a variety of hot and cold food items to choose from in an effort to start the day off right. I apologize that your room had a crack in the bathroom sink. The new sink is in and ready to be installed. We look forward to having you stay with us again if you're in the West Tennessee area.
Kingsport, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

After a long 500 miles on the road on my motorcycle, I was ready for an oasis!! I found it here in Jackson TN just off of the interstate. Upon walking in, Kaye, the desk person, promptly got me settled into my room; and it just so happened that the Pizza Hut guy was just leaving. So I was even able to get a pizza ordered and have it to me in about 30 minutes no later.

The room was gorgeous and had been nicely maintained. The motel is only 1 1/2 years old; but regardless, Holiday Inn Express owners are required to keep up maintenance on their motels. This one was no different! It was in fact a showplace!!

Additionally, breakfast was delicious with their standard fare of cinnamon rolls, eggs, pancakes, sausages, and biscuits and gravy!! Just an all around great experience here!! I'd highly recommend it!

Room Tip: I always request away from elevators and ice machine,,,but here it wouldn't have mattered.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
HIEGM38305, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jackson Northeast, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
What a long trip! You definitely needed an oasis by the time you got to us and I'm thrilled we took great care of you! Dinner, a great room and a friendly staff...it sounds like you were set for the night. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and had a delicious breakfast before you headed back out on the open road. Thank you so much for taking time to tell us about your great experience. We hope to see you again soon!
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a wedding this past weekend and wow did this exceed my expectations! I have to admit when I saw Holiday Inn on the suggested hotels to stay for the wedding I was a little skeptical, but this was new, clean, and super friendly staff! I stayed at a ritz Carlton in Pentagon City, VA a month ago and these rooms far out did the ritz! Biscuits and Gravy on the small breakfast buffet were surprisingly good too!

• Stayed September 2012
HIEGM38305, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jackson Northeast, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Wow! What a glowing review! On behalf of the entire HIE staff, I sincerely thank you for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. Your wedding party was a delightful group and I thoroughly enjoyed working with them. I'm glad to hear that our Southern hospitality came shining through for you and our guests from all over the country for this memorable weekend! Being compared to the Ritz is compliment enough for us, but to hear that we surpassed them on your level of expectation thrills us! Thank you again for your review and if you're ever back this way, we would love to have you stay with us.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Clean, affordable, great breakfast, nice area. Staff was very friendly. This was a great hotel . I thought the rooms and beds were very comfortable. This was a recommendation from a friend in Murfreesboro and because we were traveling with our young kids we wanted. Great value and safety. This wa perfect!

• Stayed September 2012
HIEGM38305, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jackson Northeast, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Reading this review was a great way to start my Monday morning! Thanks for taking time to submit a review on our hotel. I'm thrilled to hear that you experienced a great stay! I'm also glad to hear we were recommended by a friend. We strive daily to provide a clean, affordable, comfortable place to stay while our guests are travelling. We pride ourselves on our friendly and helpful staff and their dedication to each guest's stay. We would love to have you stay with us again when you're in our area again!
Bryan, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed one night here while traveling through. To enter the parking lot from I-40 you have to drive past the hotel a fair ways down the road, then turn left and left again and you will see the long driveway to the hotel. The woman who checked us in was very friendly and helpful. The room was great. Standard room had a small fridge and microwave. The bed was super-comfortable. Login for the Wi-fi was provided at check-in without having to ask for it and the Wi-fi was reliable and fast. Breakfast was really good. My only complaint (and this won’t bother everyone) was the breakfast lady was too loud and too cheery for 6:30am. She greeted us loudly when we entered the breakfast area and kept coming around and asking us if we wanted anything, which, of course, is great customer service. I’m just not a morning person – see Proverbs 27:14

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HIEGM38305, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jackson Northeast, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you so much for your review! I'm glad to hear your accommodations were super-comfortable and our staff was super-friendly, albeit a little to early for your taste! I'm not a morning person, myself so I understand that some guests prefer it a little more quiet during breakfast. Nonetheless, I appreciate your taking time to let us know about your stay. We look forward to having you again if you're back this way.
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Tucked away imbetween Memphis and Nashville is the town of Jackson. There's a state park here - but it's also a nice stopping point for the night between the two cities. i stopped here on the way from Dallas to Cincinnati and was pleasantly surprised. Immaculate rooms, pleasant furnishings, quiet, with excellent customer service! The staff was willing to help out in any manner that you needed from storing items in their freezer if you wished, to calling the elevator for you - and the morning breakfast person really does walk around and ask if you need anything.

One thing I really liked - they've removed the tub and put in a shower, with a nice shower door - finally, someone got wise.

I highly recommend a stay here. There's lots of state parks in the near vicinity!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
HIEGM38305, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jackson Northeast, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with our hotel on Trip Advisor. We always welcome feedback from our guests and we're pleased to hear that your visit was a pleasant one! We hope that when you're back in the Jackson area, you'll join us again.

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jackson Northeast? Share your experiences!