“Great comfortable hotel, convenient location.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Jackson
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Great comfortable hotel, convenient location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

We needed a hotel to stay at while we were in town having a procedure done at Jackson Hospital. We chose this hotel based on it's location which was close to our doctor's office and the hospital. It was also a new hotel, so we figured it would be clean and comfortable. The room we reserved had 2 double beds, with a sitting area. It was larger than we anticipated. It had a small fridge, couch and desk. The entrance driveway to the hotel was a bit odd, but the hotel is very convenient to the main road and stores, restaurants...etc. The room was a bit far away from the elevator, so request closer access to the elevator if you'll be going in and out a lot. The hotel was a tad pricier than we'd normally pay for a chain hotel, but because it was new and conveniently located we chose to take a chance. The front desk personnel seemed nice, but not overly friendly when checking in or checking out, and you will need a credit card or cash on record if you pay cash for the room. The free breakfast was plentiful and more than we expected. We would definitely stay here again we were pleasantly surprised by Comfort Suites.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
gmtn550, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I'm so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your patronage. I hope that you will stay with us again in the near future; and we will strive to exceed your expectations! Warmest Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Little Rock Ar
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

We were on our way to Gatlinburg and stopped in and it was absoulutely the worst place we have ever stayed. Rude customer service, bed bugs, hard as a brick beds.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
gmtn550, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Thank you for your response regarding your recent visit with us in January. We opened our new construction hotel in 2009 and have recently received two wonderful awards from Choice. We won the Platinum Award for 2011 and the Gold Award for 2012. These awards are based on customer satisfaction and cleanliness. With that, I was surprised when I read your comment. I can assure you that our hotel has never had any problems with bed bugs prior to or after your stay in January. I know that this is a very big concern with travelers and I take every comment seriously. As well, I am extremely sorry you were not satisfied with our mattresses. All mattresses are Pillow Tops by Serta.
I hope that you will give our hotel another try as your satisfaction is extremely important.
Warmest Regards,
Benton AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

We stopped here late at night because we were too tired to drive any further. It was a nice surprise to open the door and see a clean and well decorated room for such a good price. Beds were very comfortable. It didn't bother us but be informed that the hotel sits right on interstate and you can hear truck traffic. It may bother light sleepers. If we find ourselves in Jackson again we will stay here.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
gmtn550, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Greetings and thank you for taking the time to give your review on our hotel in Jackson,TN. We truly appreciate your compliments and take customer satisfaction seriously. As a matter of fact, we do get compliments like yours about our beds. The pillow top Serta's are everyone's favorite!
I noted your comment regarding interstate noise. We do have a few rooms that face the interstate; however, the majority face the South and are very quite. I hope that you will come stay with us again; and as always, you can make a special request to be away from the interstate. We stirve to do everything we can to honor our guest requests. Warmest Regards,
Huntington, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

My mother and I stayed here 4 nights in September for a family reunion. The lobby was beautiful, breakfast was great and the room was clean, comfortable and we felt very safe. Everyone was friendly and helpful. This hotel is great!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
gmtn550, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Greetings from Comfort Suites Jackson, TN! We truly appreciate your patronage and your wonderful compliment of our hotel. Please, come back and stay with us again the next time you and your Mother are passing through. Warmest Regards,
Down South in Dixie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

What a great motel. The place is clean, and the downstairs is large and inviting. The rooms are large, very clean, and the wireless wifi works smoothly. The front desk was employees were nice, and very helpful. The breakfast was better than most. It's a short walk to Casey Jones Village where you must try the Old Country Store restaurant. If you travel to, or through Jackson this is the place to stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
gmtn550, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Mr. Rebel Yell,
Your glowing review of our hotel made me want to 'yell' .....success! Your wonderful feedback and compliment helps us to keep in mind that customer service is why we are here. Many thanks for your taking the time to submit this review. We hope to serve you again in the near future.
Warmest Regards,
Shawnee, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

Drove up without reservations and decided to check here first. It's a little over 2 years old and in very good condition. Rooms/suites are very nice. HDTV, desk, decent WiFi, nice vanity, tub w/shower w/good hot water and showerhead. King bed --mattress was fine BUT the bed squeaked when you sat on it or turned over in bed, etc.

Young woman at front desk who checked us in was very pleasant and very helpful. Suggested a local Italian restaurant that was very easy to get to and food was good.

The gentleman who checked us out asked if everything was OK but he really did not want to know. My husband and I complained politely about the bed but were almost completely ignored--more like we were a nuisance. Very disappointed in his attitude--especially since I'm a Choice member.

Breakfast was typical for Comfort Suites. Nice assortment of items with hot coffee!

This place is easy to see from I-40 if you are headed east; however, it's almost invisible from I-40 if you're driving west.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
gmtn550, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Greetings from Comfort Suites Jackson,TN! We truly appreciate your kind remarks regarding our new hotel and appreciate your notations regarding the bed squeeking. Your comments are valuable to us, as it is guest like yourself who take the time to give us valuable feedback, that encourages us to strive for your satisfaction. I hope that you will stay with us again in the future. Warmest Regards,
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

My wife and I, after being disappointed with our reservations at the Knights Inn in Jackson, decided to stay here. We called the Comfort Suites asking if they had availability, which they only had a King Bed Suite with Jacuzzi. My wife and I, only got married a month ago, decided why not, and booked the hotel. I would definitely suggest asking if they can go any lower on their prices from their initial quote. I was quoted 150, and got it down to 135 simply by asking if they could go any lower.

Anyway, the staff was very friendly, got us situation as soon as thy could. There was only one guy on, but it was around midnight and I understood the situation. We were very pleased with our room, the cleanliness and the jacuzzi especially. The button took a bit to find for the jets, but it was awesome!

The bed was extremely comfortable and the TV was large and easy to see. This is hardly a gripe, but it wasn't HDTV and the quality felt like I was watching something out of the 80s, but still, who gets a hotel room to just watch TV right? Another slight gripe is that the vending machines aren't on every floor. My wife wanted to get a Diet Coke and when it was sold out on our floor (the 3rd) we went to the second, but there was no vending machine there. We had to go down to the 1st floor to get to another machine for her Coke. Also, the hotel shop is a little hard to see and a lot of people may miss it. All that said, I loved the hotel and the stay, just little things that kept me from rating it a 5 star. It's definitely above average in most respects.

The breakfast was included and was very good. They had waffles, yogurts, juices, pastries, etc. It was really quite good and all included in the price of the room. Over all I would very highly recommend it in the Jackson area, despite being a little more pricey.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower price before taking the first quote they give you!