“Good accommodations ~ but chilly room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jackson, TN

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jackson, TN to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jackson, TN
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1935 Emporium Drive, Jackson, TN 38305 (Formerly Signature Boutique Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Jackson
Twin Cities, Minnesota
“Good accommodations ~ but chilly room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The accommodations were good and the room clean; however, when we arrived the heat in the room was off. I turned the heat on and the fan on high but the fan ran at such a slow speed the room did not really warm up until early in the morning. I reported this to the desk clerk in the evening and said we had driven all day so would let it be but just wanted to report it. He said he would make note of it but I'm not sure if he did, he seemed to have other things more important. The bathroom was clean, but the tile around the tub almost looked like there was mold at the edge. The breakfast was adequate and there was a lightbulb burned out (or not turned on?) in the area where the bread, rolls, and toaster were. I did fill out the online survey and received a very nice reply in a short period of time.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel staff was courteous and attentive to the needs of our family. I found this hotel to be clean, neat, and well maintained. Well decorated with a modern, edgy, yet professional flare. I do recommend this hotel to friends and family. I will return unpon my next visit to Jackson.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Yeovil, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

So pleased we booked this hotel, great rate including breakfast, great location, a really great room, fabulous breakfast selection, such a really friendly & helpful team too with great local knowledge for restaurant recommends.....to top all that cookies on the front desk...with coffee & hot water for tea available all day.....total HEAVEN!!! Toiletries & hairdryer in the bathroom, soft fluffy towels, bed super comfy, spare pillows & blankets (if needed - we didn't need them) plenty of parking, free wifi (super quick too) looking forward to our next stay with them......top tip join their loyalty programme if you haven't already....

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Chattanooga, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2014

I got there on a Sunday and not a sole was there other than the clerk. I was the only guest for the night. It was a little weird. As the week went on, more showed up. I asked for a room away from the elevators and ice machine and they did exactly that. Not that I didnt have my pick of rooms, but first try was a success. Rooms were clean and newly refurbed. Beds were comfy though pillows were not to my taste and too thick. I found a thinner one in the closet and used it, but still, not to my taste. There was a fridge in the room which was nice. Each day room was serviced and bed was made. I think they are a little tight on the shampoos and conditioners, but I never asked either. My supply got low towards the end of my stay. Breakfast was always ready early. Hot and cold foods, breads, cereals, juices. I am not picky when it comes to food. others may think it was not good, but it was great for me. Complaints: the fitness center was small but had a treadmill and weight machine. If more than one person was in there it would be a pain. you would have to share equipment. there was only one light in the room as well. It was by the door and not enough to light the room. The hotel is located directly behind Sams Club. It was slightly noisy with the trucks loading, but not so bad that it kept you up. I had an excellent stay. this hotel is in the middle of everything in Jackson.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Beth B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jackson, TN, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your kind review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, and hope to see you again soon.

Charleston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2014

We had a very nice reception at check-in...all staff members were very friendly and seemed to care about our needs. Our room was nice, even though a smaller screen TV, the room was comfortable and modernly furnished with plenty of plugs. The shower had plenty of water pressure and everything seemed newer & clean. For such a nice hotel overall, it was ashamed that the occupancy was so low during our visit.

Our only complaint was the breakfast each morning...all carbs: biscuits and gravy, no butter, limited type of milk, all breads stale (they were out by Sunday). The web site for Country Inn Suites states, "selections range from oatmeal and eggs and bacon to build your own options like omelets and yogurt parfaits. Plus our menu rotates so you can experience a new offering everyday." I must compliment the young man taking care of Sunday's breakfast because he went to the kitchen and actually made us some scrambled eggs.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
We are so sorry about your experience with breakfast. Please accept my sincere apologies, and know that we are working to rememdy that situation so that no other guest has to experience that.

It is our hope that you will give us another time the next time you are in the area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2014

The hotel was one year old and its next to Sams Club, We slept great no noise and the free internet worked fast when I booted it up. Bed was comfy with a good nights sleep. Breakfast was ok nothing to write home about but coffee was hot and strong the way we like it...

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you again the next time you head back this way.

Camdenton, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

The hotel was okay -- it has obviously been given a makeover so the updates were nice. Comfortable bed, good wifi, pretty clean -- my complaint was the noise. The walls were too thin and I could almost hear every word in the conversation next door. They were watching a ballgame and there were times the yelling was ridiculously loud. I stayed here while my daughter visited Union University and this hotel was close. I won't be staying here again. I don't like the idea that I hear everything that goes on next door and vice versa. I will look at other hotels in the price range.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Beth B, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jackson, TN, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
I am so sorry to hear of your unpleasant experience, particularly the noise level you experienced. It is our goal that every guest leave completely satisfied. Please consider us again the next time your travels bring you back to Jackson.

Beth Bolton

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jackson, TN? Share your experiences!